Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vantage Birmingham trying to rip me off.

TAuris

I have had an oil leak from both cam solenoids. I ordered the seals and was advised to replace the rocker cover gasket. I booked the car for repair and was told I also needed vvti seals and washers. The parts were not in stock and I was not in a postion to wait further 4 hours. I went home and took the engine cover off the rocker cover full of oil (unprofessional). I cleaned the cover with brake cleaner. Three days later when my other half returned from a trip, I took the engine cover off and found oil. The car went back and to get the seals done, got call saying they 'diagnosed' the problem and couldn't find any leak. What utter BS!! so advised to drive 50 miles and come back. They want to charge me diagnosis when we already know the problem and later on they want to milk me for the repair - Sharp practice is an understatement.

It will be very hard to keep my cool when I collect the car and probably will lose out so I need a workshop manual or info on bolt order and torque values for replacing the rocker cover gasket for 1NR-FE engine.

Sorry about the rant, but my blood boils when I am being taken for a ride.