Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 Avensis Saloon Washer Pump - One or Two?

Bordtea

Hi everyone,

I've recently acquired a 2006 Avensis 2.2 D4-D Saloon and neither the front nor the rear windscreen washers are working. From a bit of internet research it seems likely the pump has packed up, but I can't seem to work out whether the Saloon has 1 pump or two separate ones for the front and rear. A couple of people seem to think that the Saloon only has one where the estate has two. Could anyone clarify?

If this is the case, what is the part that I need to buy? Would this fit?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330859572043?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Any help appreciated!

Best wishes

I suspect you have a Hatchback model the T25 2003-2009 Avensis was available in three body styles:

Most popular the 5 door hatchback ( Tailgate hinges at the roof line and has a rear was wipe ) Then the 5 door Tourer ( estate, again with rear wash wipe ) and then the least popular the 4 door Saloon ( Tailgate hinges below rear glass and no rear wash wipe )

The front pump is shared by all three models Toyota part number 85530-05031 + Gasket 90069-20005

The rear pump on the hatch & Tourer is shared as well part number 85340-05010 + Gasket 90069-20005.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

I suspect you have a Hatchback model the T25 2003-2009 Avensis was available in three body styles:

Most popular the 5 door hatchback ( Tailgate hinges at the roof line and has a rear was wipe ) Then the 5 door Tourer ( estate, again with rear wash wipe ) and then the least popular the 4 door Saloon ( Tailgate hinges below rear glass and no rear wash wipe )

The front pump is shared by all three models Toyota part number 85530-05031 + Gasket 90069-20005

The rear pump on the hatch & Tourer is shared as well part number 85340-05010 + Gasket 90069-20005.

Yep - you're right. Thank you. It does then seem odd that both the front and the rear have packed up, with no whirring sound from either? Does this mean it could well not be the pump?

I think it is likely that both pumps could have failed. First check to see if the washer system has separate fuse, or shares with the wipers ( My T27 is separate/old T22 shared). If the fuse is fine then go to the motor connection, and check to see if power is getting to the pump - When my old T22 hatchback had front windscreen pump failure, I could test the system by swapping the connects at the pumps. You obviously cannot do this with both pumps not working. Hopefully the system has washer fluid!

I take it that the front pump failed after the last MOT?! The rear washer pump may have not worked for years, and is not subject to the MOT. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I think it is likely that both pumps could have failed. First check to see if the washer system has separate fuse, or shares with the wipers ( My T27 is separate/old T22 shared). If the fuse is fine then go to the motor connection, and check to see if power is getting to the pump - When my old T22 hatchback had front windscreen pump failure, I could test the system by swapping the connects at the pumps. You obviously cannot do this with both pumps not working. Hopefully the system has washer fluid!

I take it that the front pump failed after the last MOT?! The rear washer pump may have not worked for years, and is not subject to the MOT. 

Yes, the MOT is due next week so need to get it done. Very good point, the rear could have not worked for a long time. From what I've read I think my model is one fuse for both wiper and pump mechanism. I've ordered 2 pumps off eBay and will get them fitted ASAP and see how we get on! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links