Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Light Issues and upgrade

Coolissimo

Slightly off topic, I've found on my T25 facelift that using T-Cut on the headlights once a month really helps with their effectiveness, as it takes off the oxidation that inevitably accumulates on plastic light clusters. Chris Fix on YouTube showed a more permanent repair but it's majorly involved and not to be undertaken lightly. I'm happy with this solution applied once a month at the same time I apply Rain-X to the windscreen. Simple and it only takes 5 minutes.

• Like 2

Yeah it seems the facelift models are not as bad as the pre-facelift.the hid's when they were fitted were fantastic great light and knew they were on unlike the bulbs(nightbreakers) that are in now.

Would like to see what the led ones I've seen on eBay are like called nighteye.

You would like to think that safety is 1st 

hi I recently replaced my headlight bulbs from Eurocarparts with the Phillips Xtreme 130%  H7 twin pack for my 54 plate D4d. With the xmas discount got them for £17.99. However, if you are quick you can get them with even more discount this weekend using code WEEKEND30 for £16.99 free delivery or click and collect. They made a difference to my headlights, not massive but at least i can see now!

On 1/7/2017 at 0:57 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Checking the Philips site, they're available in H1, H4 and H7, though not H11.

The Osram Night Breaker Unlimited +110% are definitely available in H11, as I had these in my 2012 Auris.

Ring sell a 130% bulb in H11 fitting - Ring Xenon130 - and Halfords sell a version - Halfords 711 +130. As far as I'm aware both the Ring and Halfords bulbs are made by a company called Alise, and effectively will be the same bulbs. If you go for either of these, go for whichever is cheapest.

Hi,

I have ordered the Philips White Vision, will install it this weekend to see the results, I can give some feed back if you want. Thanks to all for the answers

Will install  this weekend the Philips White Vision will feed back if you want, and thanks for all the answers.

On 1/7/2017 at 4:28 PM, Heidfirst said:

ECE Regulation 48 Part 6.2.9

" Dipped-beam headlamps with a light source or LED module(s) producing the principal dipped beam and having a total objective luminous flux which exceeds 2,000 lumens shall only be installed in conjunction with the installation of headlamp cleaning device(s) according to Regulation No. 45.11 "

Just one query as I was reading my car manual I saw that on the low beam  it says H11 Halogen and D4S Discharge bulbs as if it was given 2 options, is that right?

Does it mean I can use or halogen or D4S bulbs???

The manual has to cover different versions fitted with different equipment as standard.

My car being top of the range at the time that it was produced has Bi-xenon & the levelling & wash systems legally required with HIDs. I don't know if there is actually any difference in either the light/lens unit or the electrics (ballast?) to feed them but the light fitting appears to be fundamentally different.

So, basically if your car came with H11s stick to H11s.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

The manual has to cover different versions fitted with different equipment as standard.

My car being top of the range at the time that it was produced has Bi-xenon & the levelling & wash systems legally required with HIDs. I don't know if there is actually any difference in either the light/lens unit or the electrics (ballast?) to feed them but the light fitting appears to be fundamentally different.

Thanks once again

On 1/13/2017 at 8:23 PM, Heidfirst said:

Heidfirst, I have replaced the Headlights bulbs, but unfortunately the little clamp that attach the bulb to the wire broke, so just wondering, thou it is working just wondering would be safe as connector could go out or the bulb ? and what can I do do replace it ? or fix it?

Hi Coolissimo, I would definately look at replacing it. Although the bulb will not go anywhere because of the outer plastic cover, the alignment may now be skew and or vibrations may shorten the life of the bulb. Getting the exact shape and "springyness" in making one would be difficult. In the short term I would use a rubber elastic band to temporary hold the bulb/holder in position, fiddley I know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owdjockey said:

Hi Coolissimo, I would definately look at replacing it. Although the bulb will not go anywhere because of the outer plastic cover, the alignment may now be skew and or vibrations may shorten the life of the bulb. Getting the exact shape and "springyness" in making one would be difficult. In the short term I would use a rubber elastic band to temporary hold the bulb/holder in position, fiddley I know.

Thanks Owdjockey that looks a a smart idea, would you know how much is to replace for a new one? or what is the name of that connection so I can replace it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links