Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Yaris Sat Nav

WhiteRhino

Hi all,

I am wondering if I buy a second hand MK3 Yaris head unit (see pic) that has Sat Nav functionality and install that head unit in my other half's car (Same head unit, no sat nav) would the Sat Nav then work? Would I need a security code from my local dealership in order to get it to work, and if so any ideas on pricing?

Any help, advice or alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

yaris1232.jpg

Could either do that or buy the sat nav module. The second hand unit obviously will no longer be covered by the remainder of the new car warranty.

Have you priced up the sat nav updates, as these are over £100 each, and car manufacturer sat navs aren't as up to date as stand-alone units

May be better off getting a good stand-alone sat nav (Garmin, TomTom, Tec), with lifetime updates. 

As Frosty has said there is no need to change the head unit just add the navigation module & GPS antenna see guide here: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{32348A0F-FC7E-DE46-0D5A-52AB12FFFC7E}/Yaris_Touch_and_Go_RHD_PZ490_00331_00_AIM_002_218_2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...