Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clock resets itself when I start the car

Jromebeatz

After installing a remote lock system, the direction lights usually come up and then started the clock resetting itself. The lock has been uninstalled but the clock issue still remains. How can I possibly solve the problem with the clock. 

Sounds like the voltage is dropping too low to maintain the clock when you start the car. 

How's the Battery? Check connections etc. first. 

Jez

What car? Need to know what model you have.

When I had a problem with my lock system and some other issues, the dome fuse had blown, and the fault was traced to the dome interior light. The light fitting was shorting causing the fuse to blow. I replaced the fuse and removed the bulb until I replaced the light fitting with a slightly different internal design. The car at the time was an Avensis Mk1 T22 1998. The dome fuse is located in the engine compartment. Symptoms of blown dome fuse is, no central locking(including remote), clock resetting, radio losing memory, no interior light and trip counter resetting.

Years before, I had the dome fuse go bad without actually blowing! This stopped the central locking from working. The metal properties of the fuse changed, so only low current could pass through.     

I would check everything that was touched when you fitted the remote locking, then removed it. You may have shorted or damaged a cable or connection. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links