Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB adapter for Toyota.

Konrad C

Yesterday I read that Norway have decide to shut down their FM transmitters so only having DAB as the only radio source. I am located in south east London/Kent and have DAB in the home but not in the car. I thought about adding DAB and just missed an eBay auction where a secondhand AutoDAB unit went for £20 including delivery. I would have put a bid in to get it, but was a little busy and forgot to put a bid in. The unit is similar to the following - 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-OEM-AutoDAB-Car-Tuner-DAB-Add-on-Adaptor-Digital-Radio-CTDAB-TY1-/262478226630?hash=item3d1cebe4c6:g:EcQAAOxyVaBSzuaM

I read the manual and see that the unit plugs into the rear CD port and the FM aerial passes through the control unit. It should have a windscreen aerial (not sure if the auction item came with one). The DAB is controlled by the normal radio controls, and also the steering controls. The FM signal sends the channel info to the radio display. Basically a fully integrated system. 

Not really regretting it, as I hardly listen to the radio in the car, mainly listening to my own choice of music via USB or MP3 CD. Also there are no near future plans for the UK to switch over yet, plus the performance and coverage of DAB!

If and when UK decide to follow Norway, I may tyen think about the upgrade.