Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ABS

vkaps

Hello

The car is Toyota Yaris Hybrid 1.5 H1 bought in Aug 2016

I had two questions

- How can I find out if my car has ABS.

- what is the model of the car. I was thinking the model is 2016 because I bought in 2016. However someone told me that model is when the car is made and not bought.

can you please throw some light on this?

Many thanks

best regards

Vkaps 

Within the EU, ABS became a mandatory fitment for all new cars sold after July 2004.

Depends whether your country is in the EU, as to whether you have ABS or not. Your Toyota dealer should be able to confirm the spec of your car.

As regards the model year of car, it isn't as straightforward as when the car was built. For example in the UK the 2017 model year Aygo and Yaris were announced on 22nd December 2016, presumably with these going on sale from 1st January 2017 - which means that the early examples would have been made during the latter months of 2016 (ie October/November/December).

Your dealer should be able to provide an indication as to when your car was built during a production year, but they won't be able to provide an exact date.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links