Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement engines under extended guarantee

Eibran

Hi guys,

my doubt here is about the engines that were fitted under the extended guarantee period of 7 years.

I have read in this same forum that at first each dealer fixed each engine, but then they came directly from Toyota factories, were they brand new including all the modifications to prevent same fauls, or were they just reasemblies of the broken ones and so with the same probability of failures?

thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us!

Initial repairs involved stripping and rebuilding the original engine with new spare parts and a list of modified bits as required this was complicated, time consuming and expensive so Toyota introduced Exchange engines the initial batch where brand new engines to get the scheme going and the displaced engines where then returned to the Engine plant where they where stripped and inspected any worn parts would be replaced as required along with a full set of modified parts to bring the engine up to the latest modification level before being sent back out for reuse.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for this info,

As I said in other post, i got offered an Avensis from 2007 with the engine replaced in 2014, should I go for it? Anyone can share some experience with this refurbidhed engines? Have they still HG issues?

As I understand it the replacement uses parts which have been modified to prevent future problems, if the car is suitable and correctly priced I would be happy to buy it.

• Like 2

My engine (2.2 D4D) was 3/4 block replaced and 2000 miles later was stripped and rebuilt with yet more new internals (pistons, rings and valves I believe).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links