Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So I have a cambelt.. not chain !!!

NorthantsPete

Well that was a shock.. after reading the owners manual and not seeing anything under maintenance.. then shopping for other parts, I saw cambelt for my reg - what??

Checked and 53 plate 2.0 diesel has a cambelt!

So,

Im on 151k.... do you think I need it doing considering its nto due for 180k now? OR has it been runnning for 30k OVER the recommended ...... is this possible??

What woudl you do... no recent service history unfortunately.

Change the belt. It's not expensive, a small hassle to do, but it's cheaper than a new engine.

afaik the cambelt is due for change every 60,000 ... at the same time it's worth looking at water pump replacement as well as tensioners & rollers.

• Like 1

£295 cheapest quote so far

Cant imagine it would be on to 150k if it wasnt done at 120k

Do you really think it could go an extra 30k without snapping??

Find out if it was done before you got it. (Providing you bought it after 120k miles). Get it done if not as heidfirst says add the other stuff to for peace of mind. 

20 minutes ago, NorthantsPete said:

Do you really think it could go an extra 30k without snapping??

If it was a Ford I would say no chance, if it hasnt been done you are on very thin ice, it could quite easily have gone that long without breaking, however it could just as easily go tomorrow, better safe than sorry eh?

I was once working on a SEAT, and whilst it was in the workshop, ticking over, waiting for it to get hot, it stopped. Seemed very strange, had not even been worked on, then found out the cambelt had snapped, they can go at any time without warning!

Kingo 

• Like 1

I got it done. I found the garage that MOT'd it, they h ad loads of histry on file - it had been done early at 100k, meaning my 51k was about time.

Mechanic showed me the belt and twisted it to show cracks, glad i done it.

He did say the pump however was top notch so we skipped that, ill do that next time.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links