Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fitting OSRAM LEDriving F1 Fog Kit to rav4 xt4 2007

Munsterguy

hi

thinking of fitting these 

Osram LEDriving F1 Fog Kit to my Rav4 xt4 2007 from

https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/osram-ledriving-f1-fog-kit

need the brackets with it which is ok , my question, will i get canbus error or something like it if i Fit these 

cheers 

Read about people fitting them without any problem, no canbus errors as well.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks for that .just didn't want to buy and fit and ger canbus error after 

I saw them a few years back and look great.  I think I remember reading that to get to the Rav fog lights, you have to take the inner wheel arches off, or at least undo some of it enough, just to get at them.  But don't do it on a cold day, as the plastic is more likely to snap or crack.

Please keep us updated on how the fitting goes.

Thanks

Bobby

2 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I saw them a few years back and look great.  I think I remember reading that to get to the Rav fog lights, you have to take the inner wheel arches off, or at least undo some of it enough, just to get at them.  But don't do it on a cold day, as the plastic is more likely to snap or crack.

Thanks

Bobby

Won't get on powerbulbs. Can get cheaper elsewhere. I saw same video .he removed wheel to get more hand room. I was  checking out. If I lock wheel certain way I get plenty of room without taking off wheel. Think hardest part outside is remove old fogs and stall these then have to find accessory with key turned on first click to find which wires to run daytime running lights. Has fogs and daytime running lights all in one which is nice .was going to put in osram night breakers but can get these for 65 pounds and night breakers will cost more than half  that. Good reviews on them .so if I buy them I have to get circuit tester too 

1 hour ago, craggle said:

Seems a lot of money for lights you may use a few times a year?

Craig.

65 pounds is not too much .won't get at powerbulbs unless they offer discount which I think not 

OK, not going with  Osram LEDriving F1 Fog Kit  as only fogs, with little exrta and allt he work taking off wheels and opening up arch covers . might as well get full kit, so going with 

OSRAM LEDriving Fog DRL Kit

got on Amazon for 123 uk pounds and extra 12 pounds for special brackets 

The LEDriving FOG Light Kit is one of the latest products to come from OSRAM’s fantastic range of LED car kits. This kit includes everything you’ll need to replace the fog lights on your vehicle. The best way to determine whether the LEDriving FOG Light Kit is compatible with your vehicle is to read the fitting guidelines below.

So what’s so great about the OSRAM LEDriving FOG kit? Well these fog bulbs offer three functions in one. They work as fog lamps, DRL’s (daytime running lights) and also offer assisted cornering all in one fantastic product. By installing these fog lights you’ll benefit from low energy consumption, automatic operation (thanks to intelligent regulation) and a 5 year guarantee. 

Please note: the dimming, assistant cornering and warning light function are not ECE approved and are therefore not road legal.
5_year_guarantee.png

Features and benefits:

• Homogenous light, without light points
  • Lens resistant against gravel impact
  • Easy installation
  • Assistant cornering - this feature is not road legal
  • Suitable replacement for almost all modern fog lights
  • Suitable for 12 V and 24 V on-board power supply systems
  • Warning lights - this feature is not road legal
  • LED fog light with daytime running light functionality
  • Lightguide solution with high-quality LED technology
  • Dimmable - this feature is not road legal
  • Long lifetime: up to 5000 hours
  • Certified according to ECE, SAE, CCC regulations and IP homologated

getting for dim beams which are H 11

Philips X-treme Vision LED Fog Lamp To Replace H8 H11 H16 Halogens (Twin Pack)

Get them on eBay for 95 uk pounds , 

give the old lady a light lift ;-))

This has me puzzled.  Foglamps are only for use if visibility is seriously reduced.  Surely the "features" are just advertising "puff" and/or suggestions to misuse the lamps?

1 hour ago, IanML said:

This has me puzzled.  Foglamps are only for use if visibility is seriously reduced.  Surely the "features" are just advertising "puff" and/or suggestions to misuse the lamps?

You right and also not in this case of these

I wanted to change to LED fog lights as tired of ripping the arch open just to change fog light bulbs . Was looking at different options.

I could just go with Philips LED fog light which have 12 years lift span so by then I would have changed vehicle .

But these osrams led have multiple features .They have fog function.have built-in in daytime running lights . The fog light up let say if you turn left .When you turn on indicator to go left.the left fog turn at same time .Same with right.see this feature in VW and Skoda. I'm mainly after led fogs not to have to change again for long time and the daytime running lights. The rest is OK but not as important .

Was looking at the Philips LED fog bulbs which I have link attached in earlier post and use then instead .Less work .Just change bulb . Different in money for me between full featured osrams and Philips LED is 66 euros .Less the 54 UK pounds 

Got good deal for osrams .Saved 80 euros 

Only thing putting me off is good bit of work but as saying goes.no pain no gain .

I'm debating garda if I just get Philips led fogs only but not much difference  between the 2 

Edited by Munsterguy
Update

On 1/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Thanks

Bobby

Cool

• 2 months later...

OK, not going with  Osram LEDriving F1 Fog Kit  as only fogs, with little exrta and allt he work taking off wheels and opening up arch covers . might as well get full kit, so going with 

OSRAM LEDriving Fog DRL Kit

got on Amazon for 123 uk pounds and extra 12 pounds for special brackets 

The LEDriving FOG Light Kit is one of the latest products to come from OSRAM’s fantastic range of LED car kits. This kit includes everything you’ll need to replace the fog lights on your vehicle. The best way to determine whether the LEDriving FOG Light Kit is compatible with your vehicle is to read the fitting guidelines below.

So what’s so great about the OSRAM LEDriving FOG kit? Well these fog bulbs offer three functions in one. They work as fog lamps, DRL’s (daytime running lights) and also offer assisted cornering all in one fantastic product. By installing these fog lights you’ll benefit from low energy consumption, automatic operation (thanks to intelligent regulation) and a 5 year guarantee. 

Please note: the dimming, assistant cornering and warning light function are not ECE approved and are therefore not road legal.
5_year_guarantee.png

Features and benefits:

• Homogenous light, without light points
  • Lens resistant against gravel impact
  • Easy installation
  • Assistant cornering - this feature is not road legal
  • Suitable replacement for almost all modern fog lights
  • Suitable for 12 V and 24 V on-board power supply systems
  • Warning lights - this feature is not road legal
  • LED fog light with daytime running light functionality
  • Lightguide solution with high-quality LED technology
  • Dimmable - this feature is not road legal
  • Long lifetime: up to 5000 hours
  • Certified according to ECE, SAE, CCC regulations and IP homologated

getting for dim beams which are H 11

Philips X-treme Vision LED Fog Lamp To Replace H8 H11 H16 Halogens (Twin Pack)

Get them on eBay for 95 uk pounds , 

give the old lady a light lift ;-))

FITTED the  Osram LEDriving F1 Fog Kit to my RAV4 XT4 and works perfect, 

how im looking at changing the dim bulbs to  philips x-treme vision led fog lamps  H11,

only qusetion i have is as the  philips x-treme vision led fog lamps  are low wattage, will i get a dashboard error.