Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota refusing to give out part number?

rashm2k

Has anyone else experience this? Rang the parts department up and they refused to give out the part number, saying company policy..... more like a ploy to try and force owners to come to them.

What a load of rubbish, mercedes have never done this to me, neither have Honda.

Is there anyone that would be so kind and get me the part number for my car if I gave them the VIN/reg?

As far as I'm aware this is probably that dealership's policy not to just supply part numbers. Could send Parts-King a personal message detailing your car (reg.no as a minimum) and what you want.

• Like 1

Is that not breaking the law? The EU has a block exemption rule which means they must provide technical information?

They should provide technical informstion to other repairers (is. garages), and this doesn't apply to individuals.

I have just replied to you with prices. We also have a policy of not giving out part numbers. We are under no obligation to provide part numbers, you can purchase technical information from Toyota tech doc, it does not give you part number information

The reason we do not give part numbers is, people call a dealer to get a number, go away and Google the number, and buy the part from an online shop, usually a pattern part, based on the number we have given. When the part doesnt fit or there is a quality issue, the customer comes back to us complaining the part number must have been wrong. We undertake to supply the correct parts to our customers based on the information they give us, we don't give that information away so somebody can go and buy a pattern part based on what we have told them. We are happy to deal with hundreds of online quotes every year, but we are not happy to line somebody elses pocket. There are lots of online parts catalogues out there with part number information, many will be out of date as parts supplied will change number from time to time as parts are updated, please feel free to use one of those if it helps you

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 5

I should say a public "thank you" to Parts-King for supplying a quote for a recent repair. Thought we would do the job ourselves but subsequently went to our local dealer for repair instead. Will no doubt use your services in future but at this stage our car is too new to let me loose on DIY. I am used to fettling with older cars :)

Mark

Can totally understand the rationale as described by Parts-King. 

BTW thanks for the little bits and bobs I've bought from you. 

Jez

11 hours ago, MetManMark said:

I should say a public "thank you" to Parts-King for supplying a quote for a recent repair. Thought we would do the job ourselves but subsequently went to our local dealer for repair instead. Will no doubt use your services in future but at this stage our car is too new to let me loose on DIY. I am used to fettling with older cars :)

Mark

You are welcome

9 hours ago, Jezclax said:

Can totally understand the rationale as described by Parts-King. 

BTW thanks for the little bits and bobs I've bought from you. 

Jez

You are most welcome :thumbsup:

• Like 1

When it comes to getting part numbers, I do as much research as possible and if I need help ask on the forum. There are plenty of places like TOYOdiy and similar, which has the part numbers.

I agree with Parts-King.  

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, TAuris said:

That site is in Russian, but you can still navigate around it. I use ToyoDIY.com - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ 

You need to sign up (free) to view illustrations and follow the rules! I also use http://www.japan-parts.eu/ 

10 hours ago, Konrad C said:

That site is in Russian, but you can still navigate around it. I use ToyoDIY.com - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ 

You need to sign up (free) to view illustrations and follow the rules! I also use http://www.japan-parts.eu/ 

The latter site is better, illustrations are magnified. However, the qualitiy of illustrations haven't changed since I last remembered 25 years ago.  For example, here's bmw parts catalogue, Note the difference: http://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/search/selectCar/E61/Tou/BMW+550i/ECE/11/