Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back Box Replaced

The New Year has begun with an exhausted exhaust. Our exhaust came apart on Monday 16th Jan, and had only started blowing a bit on Friday and Saturday -small journey's both- at the front of the back box. I had to cut the rubbers holding the exhaust pipe and back box to remove it, as trying to wrap wire around the back box and the pipe it had detached from -so it did not scrape on the road as the front of the box was resting on the tarmac- was a no go. Our car went into the dealers on Tuesday. They were waiting for the part to arrive from Belgium. I called them Wednesday to see what time it would be ready, to be informed the part was not due in until Thursday morning -after being told it would be. This was not really a problem, as we had a 2016 Yaris courtesy car, which I liked, mostly. I particularly liked the reversing camera. I got a call this -Thursday- morning, around 09:00, and was told it was ready to collect and did I want two Wiper Blades replaced -to which I said yes as I knew they were close to replacement time- they have been on almost two years. Not long after 10:00 I was sitting in the new C-HR Hybrid at the dealership... more on that in a bit. The cost could have been much higher, as I was not sure originally if any other part of the system was damaged... difficult to see under the car that much when your bones do not like being on hard ground. Anyways, at £342 all in, the shock value was still there, but not what I thought it could have been.

The C-HR... I did not like this when I first clapped eyes on the pictures, now however, it has grown on me and 'I DO WANT!' Having looked at plenty of video's on You Tube about the car, and perusing the brochure, I have decided -if I can rob a bank and get away with it- that this will be our next car. Practicalities aside, for my wife and I, and our two dogs, this would be ideal. The view out the back is terrible, but with parking sensors and a reversing camera, most of those concerns go away. It also has the usual array of warning sensors to help avoid accidents. The 'Extras' one can obtain to make it look different are good too, leading to some personalisation. Not sure about that rear door handle, but I think I could live with that.

Well done Toyota with the C-HR.

:artist:TRD C-HR.jpgC-HR TRD resized.jpg

Wow, I did wonder how much a new Toyota exhaust might be? I paid £315 for my custom stainless steel exhaust with life time garantee from Demon Tweeks.

I to had a Yaris last week when mine went in for MOT & Service, they are a big car now, i looked up on Wikipedia the new model is 20 inches longer that the Mk1 :o

The first time I had laid eyes on the C-HR as well, thought it looked good. If the price is right they should do well in Nissan Juke market.

In fact the C-HR competes with the Qashqai - virtually identical wheelbase, size and similar pricing.

The Nissan Juke is smaller and high end versions are priced below the entry level C-HR.

Totally no idea about the prices, just going of the looks it looks more like a Juke competitor. 

Yes, it looks like the Juke - but is actually larger. For example it has a bigger boot than the Auris.

It's a much better looking car than that dopey Juke though. Horrible looking machine.

• Like 1

It's a taste thing.

Probably get shot down for saying this but I think its a bit overdesigned, particularly at the rear, reminds me of the outgoing Civic. Also surprised that for a car with the external dimensions it has, how little space there was inside. Maybe its because I'm a tall person (6'5") and not slightly built but the roofline seems too low especially as it slopes towards the rear, coupled with the high floor. (I couldn't sit in the back) Add in the "narrowing" of the body between the axles and well...not sure it felt bigger than my old Auris inside. Only spend a few minutes in there but couldn't get a comfy driving position. 

External dimensions wise it's between the awful Juke and boxy Qashqai.  

Each to their own and for use as a two seater the TRD ones do tempt me!

On 1/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, Soeley said:

Wow, I did wonder how much a new Toyota exhaust might be? I paid £315 for my custom stainless steel exhaust with life time garantee from Demon Tweeks.

I to had a Yaris last week when mine went in for MOT & Service, they are a big car now, i looked up on Wikipedia the new model is 20 inches longer that the Mk1 :o

The first time I had laid eyes on the C-HR as well, thought it looked good. If the price is right they should do well in Nissan Juke market.

Well, of that amount, £57.15 is VAT, plus I had two wipers replaced, and sundries... Gasket, supports, etc... I don't understand how an exhaust pipe and parts warrant VAT. What value is it to the government? A little aside too, I have worked over the years that Richard '*****' Turpin is immortal and has been working for the government for some time.

I once bought a Scorpion twin pipe exhaust for my 2000GSi Cavalier, and it sounded better, and lasted a lot longer than the originally poorly designed version.

1 hour ago, bob809 said:

Well, of that amount, £57.15 is VAT, plus I had two wipers replaced, and sundries... Gasket, supports, etc... I don't understand how an exhaust pipe and parts warrant VAT. What value is it to the government? A little aside too, I have worked over the years that Richard '*****' Turpin is immortal and has been working for the government for some time.

Before VAT, we had Purchase Tax, which was levied on so-called luxury goods. VAT has been applied to a wider range of both goods and services, and, as regards taxes, is the UK government's third highest source of income - which, synically, is where the value to the government comes in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links