Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris SR diesel

Pj33

car wasn't  starting great so I took it to my mechanic who said diagnostic problem was egr valve so he cleaned it all up and still nothing. He then replaced this with a spurious part and the check egine light came on mechanic removed the spurious part and put the old one back in to which the check engine light remained on, then replaced with genuine egr valve and  the check engine light remains on. Feeling defeated at this stage and broke. Seems to be eating oil also with no leaks or signs of burning oil. Any advice would be appreciated . Car is 2ltr diesel auris sr

What engine and what was the spurious part?

Was the light turned off between changes?

What engine is it you have?

The auris had an issue with the SCV on cold starts especially in the colder days. 

The oil thing is that the bigger Toyota diesel engines do like their oil. 

• Like 1

It's a 2ltr auris sr, spurious part was an egr valve , the mechanic thought fmthisnwas faulty cause it kept showing egr valve on the computer, so we got the genuine part and the egine light remains on. It goes off after a very long journey but then is back on the next day, have the car two years and only noticing now the oil goes below the minimum level

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links