Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How often do you get your Auris serviced? Is there a guide?

caruser

Hi all,

Some say you should get it done every 10,000 miles but I am not really sure so would like a proper guide of when to get serviced.

• Like 1

Depends on your engine but as a guide 10-12k miles personally I'm less but I look after my car to a really high level 

Toyota's service intervals are either every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

• 1 month later...

Since I do 98% motorway driving at steady 60mph, use only good oils (Castrol edge titanium FST) or mobile 1, I do my oil changesevery 15,000 miles.....I average 33,000 miles a year and had the car nearly 10 years. and so far no issues. Car still runs smooth and quiet.

I'm a low mileage owner, but always get mine serviced every 12 months.

Danish service must be done every 9.322 miles or 15.000 km. For me that's twice a year. 

When oil maintenance is flagged up so every 20,000 miles for a service - which is less than every 12 months plus throw in an mot within same period to get items checked over and change anything thats needed so probably twice a year.

Its the one things I really love about the auris and I'm not sure if other cars have such intervals but if I had one needing serviced every 10 or 12,000 it would be a considerable increase in cost and decrease in convenience!

20 minutes ago, DAF XF said:

When oil maintenance is flagged up so every 20,000 miles for a service - which is less than every 12 months plus throw in an mot within same period to get items checked over and change anything thats needed so probably twice a year.

Its the one things I really love about the auris and I'm not sure if other cars have such intervals but if I had one needing serviced every 10 or 12,000 it would be a considerable increase in cost and decrease in convenience!

Depends whether one's car is either still within the new car warranty period or has a Toyota extended warranty - in both cases the service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Straying from the service intervals can void the warranty.

Outside of either of these warranties, one can please oneself, but don't expect the manufacturer to provide any goodwill assistance with repairs if one goes outside the service requirements.

We've had new cars from Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mazda and Hyundai (19 so far) and service intervals have been similar - eg every 12 months or 10,000/12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

• Like 2

Buyers are more savvy now, they look at servicing costs before they dig in to their pockets. Incidentally, BMW oil service intervals are 19,000 miles. There value line service which is equivalent to Toyota's essential service is very competitively priced, for example an Inspection 2 service for a 535d (oil (8.5l), oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and cabin filter) is £240

• 2 months later...

hi caruser service interval depend from the engine ... for hybrid is every 10 000 and for diesel is every 12 000, I'm not sure about your but my guess is 12k. or 12m-c (always if not reach miles limit), 

funny enough when I asked service ... the answer was depends from you're driving (if you doing motorway then longer and if short town then shorter mileage till service), the "car computer" will show you when do the service :blink:

25 minutes ago, Draco said:

hi caruser service interval depend from the engine ... for hybrid is every 10 000 and for diesel is every 12 000, I'm not sure about your but my guess is 12k. or 12m-c (always if not reach miles limit), 

The OP has a petrol Auris - so the service intervals are 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

44 minutes ago, Draco said:

funny enough when I asked service ... the answer was depends from you're driving (if you doing motorway then longer and if short town then shorter mileage till service), the "car computer" will show you when do the service :blink:

Only the later 1.6 BMW diesel engine in Auris ( Avensis, Verso & Rav4 1.6/2.0 included ) have a schedule of 12 months/12500 and your dealer is correct as your car has a variable service reminder that can reduce the schedule as low as every 5000 miles depending on how the car is driven and the ash content in the engine oil, if you do lots of short stop/start driving or sit with the engine idling for extended periods the car will reduce the schedule as required. Also worth noting if the driver chooses to ignore the service reminder the car records how long and how far the schedule was exceeded by and this will be considered by Toyota in any engine related warranty claims.

As a rough guide:

All petrol models from 1999 on have a 12 month / 10000 mile service schedule

All Hybrid models are 12 month /10000 mile 

All D4d Toyota engine diesels are 12 month / 10000 miles  ( 2014 on Avensis & Rav4 2.0 d4d Toyota engine where allowed up to 12500 but only for lease companies )

1.6 1WW & 2.0 2WW BMW diesel engines are up to 12 month / 12500 miles but they are fitted with software and sensors that monitor driving habits and ash content in the engine oil and can drop the schedule as low as 5000 miles if required.

wow, thanks for confirmation,

I'm really surprised 

On 1/14/2017 at 5:07 PM, caruser said:

Hi all,

Some say you should get it done every 10,000 miles but I am not really sure so would like a proper guide of when to get serviced.

Surely the guide you are seeking has to be what the car maker says - Toyota, like all other manufacturers, produce a service manual that informs owners what they, as makers, recommend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Surely the guide you are seeking has to be what the car maker says - Toyota, like all other manufacturers, produce a service manual that informs owners what they, as makers, recommend.

Suppose it depends whether one still has the service & warranty booklet, which stipulates the Toyota service intervals. An owner who buys the car partway through its life, either may not receive the car's full documentation or not be aware what info the booklet contains aside from the service record.

I keep getting prods from my local dealer about how he reckons my 1.6 petrol must be due for a 10,000 service some time about now - whereas I've only done 4K since last October's service, and how would he know anyway?

The answer, it seems, is that the dealer has got access to my car's service records before I bought it, and that there's some sort of computer algorithm that tells him that the service must be due, based on the car's past mileage. That's actually quite a good idea, except that the car is an ex high miler. The first owner did a whopping 25,000 miles in his first year of ownership before I bought it the following spring (at a very reasonable price for an immaculate 18 month old car, I should say.).

So the system still thinks I'm still tonning it up the M6, which is why it's second-guessing my servicing needs and getting it wrong. Still, it's nice to know that they care.:biggrin:

Any idea of other intervals, like for filters (air, pollen, petrol), spark plugs, other things and specific hybrid maintenance ? What is to be expected ?

Oil for 'gearbox' or cvt ? Distribution is a chain, I think... probably high mileage possible.

I often see in toyota's publicity that hybrid cars need little maintenance altough some international forum posts suggest high maintenance bills. I wonder which one is more right...

In the UK, Toyota GB revised the service costs and service schedules in 2016. What were previously separately charged maintenance options (eg air conditioning filter) are now included within either the Full or Full+ services.

In the UK, service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. These previous maintenance options included brake fluid change (due at 2 years or 20,000 miles, whichever occurs first), spark plugs  (6 years or 60,000 miles), coolant (10 years or 100,000 miles, and thereafter every 5 years or 50,000 miles), etc. Before the revision to the service schedules, the cost of a brake fluid changed for hybrids was increased by 50% due to extra labour being required.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links