Do Not Sell My Personal Information

01 Celica fan issues?

Pete81

I am new to the celica cars I have a 01 model 1.8 vvti I recently had a water leak so had a new radiator however it didn't seem to be getting hot so I changed the thermostat which was definitely sticking. The heater is lovely and  hot and the radiator has water circulating but I'm worried the fan is not kicking in as it should my temprature guage never goes higher than in between the c and H but I wonder does the bar ever go up to the H or is the middle where it stops? Im not sure if im just patanoid and the cat genuinely isnt getting hot enough for the fan to work can get the fan go work when I put the air con on any advice greatly appreciated 

Fan should come on with air con, so you're good there.  Also should only come on when coolant in the radiator is hot enough to need cooled down.  Feel both hoses on the rad and see if they're both hot, or only one (mind not to get scalded tho).  If both hot, generally speaking, the fan should kick in/out to suit.  If only one is hot then it's probably working fine and doing it's job.

Thank you both hoses are getting hot but fan still not kicking in however temp guage remains between the c and H it never seems to move above the middle  I'm wondering if I still have an air lock somewhere in the system does anyone have any tips on the best way to bleed the system as it seems a real pain to do compared to other cars I've had 

You don't have a problem, Peter. The gauge does not rise above halfway. If you had air in the system, the heater would be blowing cold air. You may find the fan will kick-in when the weather gets warmer.

Sleep well :smile: