Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much does it cost you to get your car fully serviced?

caruser

I know this is based on issues they find and so on but roughly how much has it cost you in the past two occasions to get your car fully serviced?

it will also depend upon which service (intermediate etc.) & whether at a dealer or independent & whether you have a service plan or not.

Your car is eligible for Toyota's Essential Care servicing (Silver £100/Gold £180).

Depends whether one uses a Toyota dealer or an independent, and which service it is due to have. Toyota began a scheme in 2016 for cars over five years old, Essential Care, where the minor service costs £100 (silver) and the major £180 (gold).

What do you use Frostyballs?

Tbh I use a private VAT registered garage and depends on what it needs but to do all brake pads, discs, oil, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, and a brake fluid change cost me about £350 

We use a Toyota dealer for the Aygo and a Hyundai dealer for the i20.

If I were you, I'd check out the Essential Care scheme, and also see if anyone you know can recommend a good independent. 

I was qouted a 3 year service from toyota

£720 for 32 months, 1 full service and 2 intermediate. 

On toyota website

intermediate service - £180 so x 2 = £360

full service - £330 

so hence 360 + 330 = £690, so whats the £30 for? Admin charge? If it is, its a massive charge for seting up a service from a dealer. And why 32 months instead of 36 months?  The dealers cant explain this both.  Knowing I have been a customer before and only paying £6-15 before.    

A service plan should save you money. If your dealer can't explain go to another dealer ...

I recently (August) paid my dealer ~£350 for a 2 year service plan - 1 Full, 1 Intermediate  (my car only needs serviced once a year as I am not doing the mileage to require more) & 2 MOTs. This was a bit of a no-brainer as the Full on it's own is listed at £330.

On 21/01/2017 at 1:24 PM, Auris2010 said:

I was qouted a 3 year service from toyota

£720 for 32 months, 1 full service and 2 intermediate. 

On toyota website

intermediate service - £180 so x 2 = £360

full service - £330 

so hence 360 + 330 = £690, so whats the £30 for? Admin charge? If it is, its a massive charge for seting up a service from a dealer. And why 32 months instead of 36 months?  The dealers cant explain this both.  Knowing I have been a customer before and only paying £6-15 before.    

i would assume the term is set at 32 months as this is probably the time left between present day and the due date of the 3rd service

as the full cost has to be paid for by the 3rd service.

I do services on my car myself, but I buy the service kit from Toyota. Costs me £45, and that includes oil, filters and either a pollen filter or spark plugs. I know you can bring these to a private garage and then pay labour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mickburkesnr said:

I do services on my car myself, but I buy the service kit from Toyota. Costs me £45, and that includes oil, filters and either a pollen filter or spark plugs. I know you can bring these to a private garage and then pay labour.

Taxi account.

• Like 1

Place who did mine last cost me about £200 that was oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, front and rear discs and pads  and fitted my egr blank after giving it a clean. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TashSmith said:

Place who did mine last cost me about £200 that was oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, front and rear discs and pads  and fitted my egr blank after giving it a clean. 

Blimey, that's good for all that. 

Jez