Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dazzle from headlights

sproutdreamer

This seems to be a bigger problem than it used to be due variously to. Rv or high vehicles with headlights set higher than a normal cars, high power or Zenon lights which are much brighter, retrofitting Zenon lights without auto dipping facility and car headlights that move with the steering.

There is a section of country lanes near to me fiull of RVs driving in the centre (no edge markings) which is distinctly hazardous on black murky nights.

I wear glasses and much of the problem is with the lenses i.e. there is not as much dazzle with the glasses off, but I need them to see properly. I went into Boots Optician and they do some lenses by Zeiss (quite new not even on the website) that claim not only to have anti reflection coatings (pretty common now anyway) but also other coatings that transmit 8% more light but dramatically reduce dazzle. About £100 for the lenses which is ok if they achieve what they claim.

Any experience of these or other night driving aids?