Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New lights interior

Coolissimo

Hi All,

I want to change my interior lightening to something more fancy, and more bright. The interior lights that came with my Avensis TR Estate 4-D 2012 are too yellow, and does not have a decent illumination. So I wanted something more bright probably in white colour or blue?? What would you recommend? or your opinions about it? Many thanks in advance for the replies.

Your best bet would be replacing the current bulbs with LED bulbs - which are legal for interior use. One can get suitable ones from either Amazon or eBay.

26 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Your best bet would be replacing the current bulbs with LED bulbs - which are legal for interior use. One can get suitable ones from either Amazon or eBay.

Thanks for the answer, I was just looking for those actually, but how can I know which  to buy, I mean the socket etc?  By looking at my car manual it says :

Lights Interior Personal/ Interior  8W - Wedge base bulbs (clear)
                Vanity Lights               8W - Wedge base bulbs (clear)
                Door Courtesy Lights  5W - Double End bulbs
                Trunk / luggage          5W - Double End Bulbs

But for what I have seen I need the length of the bulbs, is there anything else I should be looking when purchase this leds?

You need the length for the double end bulbs (also known as festoon bulbs). Just take one out of the courtesy light and measure it. The bulbs in my Auris were 31mm, but not sure whether yours will be the same length.

The wedge bulbs are also known as T10's or W5W - see  https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=led+w5w+wedge+bulbs&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aled+w5w+wedge+bulbs

I've found festoon LED lamps to be not much better than filament.

Replaced my pathetic dome light bulb (Auris) with a little LED panel and a spring loaded festoon adapter, sourced from eBay. Panel sits within the dome light and is much, much brighter. Can upload pic of the device later.

Replacing wedge "map lights" with LED ones (again from ebay) did not provide much more, if any, light but the light is white/blue as opposed to yellow and matches the dome light. 

Jez

I replaced my door/boot bulbs with 6xsmd? from 'Ultra Hids' 38mm canbus safe 3years ago and find them very good. I have not done the interia roof ones yet as I do not know if the Leds are compatable with the slow dim feature? If anyone can advise on this I would appreciate it.

26 minutes ago, saxo265 said:

I replaced my door/boot bulbs with 6xsmd? from 'Ultra Hids' 38mm canbus safe 3years ago and find them very good. I have not done the interia roof ones yet as I do not know if the Leds are compatable with the slow dim feature? If anyone can advise on this I would appreciate it.

Didn't have an issue in either of my Auris with the LED bulbs and the dimming of the light. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jezclax said:

I've found festoon LED lamps to be not much better than filament.

Replaced my pathetic dome light bulb (Auris) with a little LED panel and a spring loaded festoon adapter, sourced from ebay. Panel sits within the dome light and is much, much brighter. Can upload pic of the device later.

Replacing wedge "map lights" with LED ones (again from ebay) did not provide much more, if any, light but the light is white/blue as opposed to yellow and matches the dome light. 

Jez

thanks

25 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Didn't have an issue in either of my Auris with the LED bulbs and the dimming of the light. 

Many thanks Frosty, will get them sorted now, cheers!

10 minutes ago, saxo265 said:

Many thanks Frosty, will get them sorted now, cheers!

Seconded, no issue with dimming. 

Yip done all mine at the weekend even in the doors and boot.no issues with dimming.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links