Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

And to think I almost sold her...

M3D1CDan

Here's the journey of my Yaris:

2004 1.3 VVTi silver model bought back in 2008 for £4999 with 14k on the clock. Hardly used and in great condition.

Not long after owing it someone decided to key the nearside wing, door and tailgate as well as slashing all 4 tires. NICE! Never found out who or why. Can only think it was mistaken for someone else.

To date the only thing that I've had issues with (until recently which I will explain in a bit) has been a rear wheel bearing going (£110 fitted) and the head gasket going. Other parts have all been usual serviceable parts as well as the mid section/CAT and back box – replaced my Wilko Motorsave last year.

Serviced every year, except for the past 2 years, and this is where the issues I think have started – be warned.

It's currently running like a bag of <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals> and the heater was failing to warm up the cabin. Some idiot jumped a red light last week and smacked the offside front wing which I have bought a replacement for from a local salvage yard for £20 and will fit myself. It also has an unexplained patch on the roof at the back that the paint has peeled off and has started to rust. Not sure why this has happened or the best line of rectifying this.

I've just taken it into one of these In 'n' Out Express Service centres for an oil/filter change and fuel clean as well as wheel alignment. Other things poinbted out where air filter was filthy so I changed that myself as well as a misfire which I bought a set of plugs for less that £10 and fit myself. Result: still running crap. Decided to change the coil packs obtained from the local salvage yard along with a new pump for my window washer which only pumps to the back and not the front. I've swapped the pipes around so it works to the front but not the back. Hopefully the salvaged pump works and will work for both front and back now.

I removed one of the coil packs whilst the engine was running and now have an engine management light on and not sure how to clear it or check which (if any) of the coil packs is to blame?

Any other suggestions for a car on 88K?

• 3 weeks later...

the eml is on as you removed one of the coil pack so the ecu thinks it is not working

you will need a code reader to dist the light ... as for getting s/h parts from a scrap yard bit risky

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links