Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is this?

Keato

Hey all, Keato here again with some odd angled photos and questions.

I've had these questions for a while but kept forgetting to post and ask.

For reference its a 2011 Auris 1.6

First is a compartment I found under the gear stick. There is a photo with an arrow pointing to where the next photo was taken.

After is a plug or socket I found in the compartment in the boot (right light well) where the lights are plugged in. Its not plugged into anything and has never been though it looks hooked up to something I guess?

What is the space under the gear stick for? I figured maybe a section where a cig lighter could go or USB power outlets.

& the plug in the boot, can I use that for anything? If yes does anyone know what plugs into it & how could I utilise it for my own purposes. Was thinking if Im able to hook up a USB port to it for power in the back seats.

Anyway, looking forward to replies :)

toyota-auris_interior_0.jpg

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1816.JPGIMG_1814.JPG

The area beneath the gear lever is an oddments tray.

You have a cigarette lighter/power socket to the rear of the handbrake. A USB and jack socket are in the upper glove box.

Yeah I know about the Cig lighter behind the handbrake & the use/aux socket in the upper glove box.

Oddments tray hmm. Ima google that & see if I can do anything with it like install or wire through some extra USB charging ports as its a nice size for a phone down there.

Eager to find out what that socket is for in the rear light assembly.

Thanks Frosty :)

Hi Jez, the plug is in the rear right light cluster. Not actually in the cluster but when you remove the panel for the rear parking sensors to get in at the spare jack that comes with the car its there. I'll see if I can make a video and upload it.

Its just hanging there, was never plugged into anything which is why Im wondering what its for and if its not integral to the lights then what can I do with it. Would like to know if i can buy a converter that fits on it for USB power or something.

Wonder whether the wiring loom for a towbar plugs into that.

the only other power source required at the back would be tow bar. I think Toyota sell tow bar kits, maybe look up for the genuine part and wiring kit to see if that plug connector comes with it.

1 hour ago, Keato said:

Cheers

I've had my light clusters off and not noticed this at all. I'll have another look and a poke around with a multimeter. 

Defnitely part of the light loom and not part of the parking sensor one? (I don't have parking sensors)

Jez

this is only a guess i've never had this model of auris

could it be for a power outlet socket for the boot area or for a boot light.

I never even thought about poking around with my multimeter. I guess if 12v comes from it then its directly to the Battery.

IF its for a power outlet in the boot then thats awesome, just need to find a converter to change that plug into something I can work with like a USB port or Cig lighter or whatever.

My apologies if the video is rather large for the forum. I took it with the GoPro & wasn't sure how to bring it down in size.

I'll google it to see if its a towbar plug, I just needed to know roughly what it would be for or its name. I had no clue since its not plugged into anything and there isn't a matching one on the left light loom. Only the right one.