Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check DPF and forced regeneration

Cooket3

Hi, short story, bought my Auris 180 and crap mpg, on my other thread someone suggested it could be the 5th injector which i know know injects fuel into the dpf to clean it. How do i know if this is actually happening?? Don't know if this affects anything but i seem to get the same mpg while on a motorway in 4th as i do in 5th and 6th

Is there a way to force regeneration by myself by driving high revs for a while, is it a natural process like that or the ECU determines when to do it and I need a garage to do it? Can I simply check to see if the filter is full and needs regeneneration or cleaning?

Thank You

would be interested to know the answer

Maybe a job for a snap-on tool, at your local garage:

I think you will find this article interesting. It in danish, but I think google can translate most of it.   http://www.motormagasinet.dk/article/view/244881/mekanikere_misforstar_filterrensning

It a common mistake to think that a forced regenration clears out all kind of trouble. Soot is beeing burned, but ash is left behind, and won't ever go away. In the end, the filter is filled with ash, and regenerations won't have any effect. The car can't breathe, but it's not due to missing regenerations.

The company in the article simply washes the filter with water and some chemicals, flushing out the remaining ash.

I've seen spray oven cleaner used to free up dpfs, has anyone any experience of this? It's quite caustic, and needs to be washed through thoroughly, but I would think is worth a try before spending beaucoup bucks on a new one.

Many thanks on the links and the replies. I will give them a good read

• 3 weeks later...

I have a egr problem on my auris 2011 1.4 d4d.I cleaned it but stil the warning light it s on...the diagnostc shows P2463 code which is egr valve.I ve change it with a used one (the new is too expensive) and still nothing.The problem is still there.Anyone know something that can help me with that?

P2463 isnt a EGR issue its a DPF code for " Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation " swapping EGR's is very unlikely to fix it as the DPF is reading as being clogged.