Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Difference in length 2006-2007 xt4's

Benz7741

Hi,

I am looking to buy my first RAV4 and hoping someone can help me with a question.  I have always liked the chunkier look of the older 5 door models, with the spare tyre on the rear.  In which year please did the RAV4 get made longer?  I have a feeling it may have been 2007?. In short, I have been waiting a long long time to buy a 2006 xt5 which is my preferred choice.  However the only one I have seen advertised sold within 24 hrs before I could get to it!  So now I have decided it's time to probably compromise and consider the xt4.  A promising 2007 xt4 has come up about 1 hrs distance away with low mileage, but I don't want to waste my time going to see it if it's the newer, longer shape which doesn't have the nice chunky look that I think of when I think of the RAV4.  Please can someone advise, thanks!

As far as I'm aware the longer Rav4 went on sale in January 2006 - 14ft 5ins as opposed to 13ft 9ins. Of course this means that some of the older Rav4's may have been first registered/sold in 2006.

Thankyou.  So I guess it doesn't have that same chunky look 😪.  Maybe if I put roof bars on it?! 😊

I don't think roof bars will swing it.  Why not try for a 2005 XTR.  I love mine.

Thanks....I was never quite sure how the xtr compared with the xt4's and 5's!

23 minutes ago, Benz7741 said:

Thanks....I was never quite sure how the xtr compared with the xt4's and 5's!

Not much difference.  XT-R has metallic paint but no Satnav.  Mine has the options, but also has leather seats, not cloth.  Must be an end-of-the-line upgrade! 

See http://www.parkers.co.uk/toyota/rav4/estate-2000/specs/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links