Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Check engine system/4wd system light on"

Blackbird geoff

Hi, I have a 2006 D4D RAV 4 diesel. 74000 miles regular serviced. Recently the engine system light came on and my mechanic said get the injectors checked out, did this and he reported injectors were fine but fault codes pointed to electrical wiring issue or injector module. Bought another module and fitted that but to no avail. Have blue smoke out of exhaust on start up and seems to run rough on idle only. Acceleration appears to be ok but rattle?

the Warning light went out  when I stalled it the other day but has come on again has anyone any ideas where I could be looking as my last resort will be a Toyota dealer and at 2006 model it may not be worth it.

thanks

geoff

which exact engine?

An independent may not have access to the full diagnostics that a Toyota dealer would.

2 litre Diesel engine the diesel guy gave me two codes but I have mislaid them sorry. Do you think the Toyota dealer would be able to pinpoint it quickly?

Sorry it's the 2.2 D-4D engine if that's what you mean?

which power output?

Blue smoke would often be due to oil being burnt. A rattle could be worn valve guides.

Thanks, no oil being burned and the rattle is like a diesel rattle if that makes sense not sure on power output will have to check the book tommorow

regards

geoff

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links