Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Software update error

ScottR74

Hi All,

Ive just got my used Auris Hybrid 65 plate home and it needs the maps and software updated,

Im currently running software version 4.4.1h , the my-toyota says im eligible for the new 6.8.1wh, ive followed all the various instructions (quite a few times) , extracted the download to usb but the thing just refused to update and shows the attached error screen saying..not valid etc... 

My car seems to fit all the requirements and has the Touch 2 with Go+ system

Any help or advice is appreciated,

Cheers in advance !

IMG_3165.JPG

Obvious one is to take it to a dealer & see what they say. Especially so if you just got it ...

I take it that you have the 16 digit activation code for your device ID?

Yep, i have the 16digit code , Im pretty tech savy and ive tried many methods with no luck.

I may well pop into the dealer 2moz to find out what is going on. 

thanks anyway...

Have you paid for the map update service or its free when you took the car? 

Just email download.services@toyota-europe.com

i had the same issue last time but got sorted out quickly 

If you havent paid for the map update then it cost £109 thru mytoyota

Thanks Auris2010, 

Mine originally said £109 in the e-store but changed to £0 when i chose it. It now shows as purchased for £0 in my purchases, i have the activation code so i'll try the email address you suggested ,

Many thanks

do you have 2 usb ports in the car ,if you do make sure you only have the update usb stick put in a port

Hi All,

Popped into my local dealer today ( Steven Eagell of Bishops Stortford) They were very accommodating especially as i just walked in to ask for advice, ***** service !!

They said this is a common problem with the latest update as loads have had the same issue. They get their updates on a pre loaded USB drive direct from toyota rather than downloaded from a Toyota source.

The Toyota USB drive worked immediately ( with my own activation code ) It loaded all 8 segments of the update just fine although segment 6 (navigation) took nearly an hour.

Im assuming there must be some minor glitch with the download file? but I am now happily enjoying the new V6 software ... much better than previous versions.

Thanks all for your help and advice

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links