Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

KJNEAL

KJNEAL

My RAV4D4D 2002 has an annoying scraping noise like a brake pad trailing on but since I have relaced the discs and pads, I don't think it is the brakes. The noise is intermittent and sometimes occurs for short period when at a stop, my local garage tried to trace it but because it is intermittent & such a short duration, no success, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Know u have replaced pad's etc. But when I hear the noise ur describing on my rav's, it's a ceased brake caliper. Always in my experience.

No worry's mate. Sounds like that to me. Calipers are pretty old at this stage, can cease up pretty easily I find. Mind u, once had a stone get stuck between disc and the backing plate in a carina I owned. Made same type of noise.

• 2 weeks later...

That was my thought - brake problem, but it also happens when at a standstill, so probably not brakes.

Exhaust shield maybe. Loose and lying on top of exhaust. I have had idler pulley squealing  noise on an avensis. Pain to listen to, but would prob be happening all the time not intermittant like u describe. Something is loose somewhere underneath the motor I think.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links