Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Kenwood 7 X 10s!

wlsmith

Well I installed them, after looking at Breezers method of how to add Speakers etc.... very helpful, cheers mate, However, the front Speakers in the door are still working even though i ripped out the front speaker wires.... and they kinda distort when i use them... why is this, also i kinda just poked the wires in the slots at the back is there a better way i can install them as I feel they are loose and could come out any time...

any help would be appreciated... thanks

Breezer help me lol, i seen what i done wrong now what can i do about it... instead of splicing the wires... i ripped out the front speaker ones, Stupid me, and the connectors are still inside the "blue box", is there anyway i can get these connectors out to fix my problem or do i need to take it to Toyota and get them to sort it?

try poking them out with a dart or sumit similar,lol! theyre like little crimps. I havent actually took em out meself b4,but am guessin with sufficient force ya can poke them out and re attach the wire. If it is the standard head unit you wont be able to get the best response from your Speakers, im waitin til i have a job and il buy a very expensive headunit and the best Speakers all around.

and if that dont work, get a hammer and a screwdriver which is slightly smaller than the holes of the blue box thingy, and hammer out! try hammering from both sides

ok ill give that a go tomorrow!!, also shall i reattatch the front speaker wires?

yup!! i just left mine in! i have my RCA converted (for the amp) wired into the spliced speaker wires! and for the rear shelf Speakers i jus poked them into the slot, was thinkin of doin the same for door Speakers if i bought sum, but dont wana overload, LOL!

should i attatch the 7 x 10s to the connectors or just the standard 1's and splice the 7 x 10s?, also i cant fit the speaker grills on as i have a uneven back shelf... so i need to get a flat 1 from somewhere, wheres the best place to get 1 or should i get an MDF shelf?

make ya own mate :thumbsup: some ppl have done this on here, looks much better and you can customise it :thumbsup: urm! id recommend attaching the 7 by 10s, and splicing the wire to attach the front ones to it :thumbsup:

how would i go about making my own one for it... what would i need? and how much would it cost me?

get some 18mm MDF from B&Q or some place like that. Cost around £9. Then buy some "bass box carpet" off eBay for around £6, make sure theyre big enough!

Then when you have the MDF, get the shelf and draw round it. Make it slightly longer so it gos back to the rear end of the seat (usually where those velcro straps go to).

Make some grooves so it sits on those little knobs, use a chisel and hammer me thinx.

Cut the holes for the Speakers with a jigsaw, i usually drill lots of holes in the centre of the bit am gona cut, so then i have somewhere to start.

Use some black tacks (if your usin black carpet) and tack the carpet down on the side thats visable from the window.

Insert Speakers and screw in. Tape the speaker wire to the other side of the shelf with duck tape or summit. Then tack down the carpet to the rear side of the shelf so it covers the wire, nice and neat :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links