Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 4Runner Catasthropic Shut Down

cgp112375

Good Afternoon Members:

Has any of the members experienced a driveability issue with their 5th generation Toyota  4Runner with DTC codes; P2135, P0121 and P0123?  These codes are all related to the speed sensors for the drive by wire electronics.  I might also add that the PCM is part of this systems electronics.  My vehicle currently has 30,310 miles on it.  My vehicle would not drive over 5 to 7mph with the loss of traction control and the "engine" light on.   I am wondering if this is just an anomaly or are other owners experience the same problem.

Hi Christopher, welcome to the forum :smile:

You should be aware that this is a predominantly UK/European forum & the 4Runner is not sold here so you may get little response.

• 9 months later...

Yes, it's called "Limp Mode". Mine was caused by 7 leaks in the windshield. I'm in Oregon USA so we get a LOT of rain.

Not sure if you can PM me, and as Heidfirst says they don't sell the 4Runner in the UK (I had no idea) you probably won't get many responses.

Have you tried the US Toyota forums? If you are on T4R.org contact me at Jibsman57 and I will share my story (it's a doozy).

Jibsman