Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurances etc

Santii

Hi

just wanted to know if these are worth ? £399@ or £999 for all 3...

not taking any finance out to buy the car

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

Edited by Santii
Missed info

The two Supaguard leaflets are for the one thing - Supaguard which is a paintwork and interior protection system. Some people think these are OK, other don't.

As regards the SMART repairs, depends whether where you live is subject to a lot of road debris being thrown up against cars - chippings, stones, etc.

The Supaguard  you could probably negotiate down - towards a price of £300 or less.

• Like 1

Thank you. 

ALA Gap insurance seems to be rated highly?

has anyone got experience of this?

IMG_2683.PNG

If you are buying a used Toyota, it may already have Supaguard from the previous owner. 

GAP insurance is really down to you.  You can buy GAP insurance at lots of places so get a few quotes if you are interested.

SMART repair.  Can be handy or you may like to show your battle scars.

Personally I would say no thanks and let them come down on price.

• Like 1

Can't you buy that Supaguard for like £20 and put it on the car yourself? It's just a gel type thing at the end of the day.

• Like 1

just what I was thinking.

ALA tyre cover and gap insurance seem interesting as tyre covers accidental ?...

I negotiated a discount on ALA products for TOC - 

• Like 1

Good idea! That covers for the membership fee in one swoop!

I took out gap insurance with ALA last year, it came out at £112 to provide gap cover for 3 years on a vehicle costing £16.5k. Impossible to evaluate it's effectiveness of course unless one is unlucky enough to have to put in a claim! All done quoting TOC reference to obtain a discount.

However my son got a better price for gap insurance on his BMW 440i from Frank Pickles Insurance Brokers who beat ALA by about £50 (no discounts involved of course) if memory serves correct.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also with ALA. 5 years cover for the equivalent of about £45 a year iirc, £21k car covering a £17.5k shortfall on their top cover which takes into account the price of a 9 month old PiP if mine is written off (or original purchase price, which ever is greater), so if the new model is move expensive I'll be quids in :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links