Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just fitted a Tow Bar - Parking Sensor Issues

Barnold

Hello

Just wanted to say hi.  This is my first post as I have just purchased my first Toyota Rav4, it is XT-R D-4D and I'm loving it.  

I have just had a tow bar fitted and it is affecting the parking sensors.  Is there any way I can "unplug" just the middle 2 sensors so the outer ones still work??

Or can I adjust the sensor to ignore the tow bar?

Hello Barney - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

If they are original Toyota sensors, you could have a look at the installation instructions by registering on and browsing http://www.toyota-tech.eu to see whether some of the sensors can be disconnected or not. Be aware some info is chargeable to download, some free. 

normally a switch is fitted so that you can switch them off when towing. On my Avensis it's to the left of the steering wheel cowl but very often it is fitted in the boot.

If one is not fitted already it shouldn't be a big job to splice one in to the power feed.

I would prefer not to turn them off permanently, but just turn off the middle 2.

i have a 2008 rav4  with a towbar fitted 

when you open the rear door on the left hand side off the car is an isolation switch for the reversing sensors

this will isolate sensors while towing dont forget to enable the sensors when you have finished towing

if you cannot locate the switch check your handbook

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links