Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ brake pad wear warning light

en8wall69

Just wondered if Toyota iq has a brake pad  wear warning light? Can't see anything in manual.

My front pads seemed to make a grinding noise a bit at low speed today and then it disappeared.  Discs were clean with no rust from damp / cold over night. Car is 2014 with 20k mls on original pads but my driving is mainly dual carriageway.  

Any ideas?

No, The brake pads on an iQ don't have a wear indicator lead. There should however be a low brake fluid warning light that may come on if the pads are really low but then, it may not unless you have a fluid leak.

My brakes sounds very grindy after a night outside in a damp atmosphere like we've had here the last few days. It does go very quickly though once the brakes are used a bit. At 20k miles I doubt you are through a set of pads already but it may be worth jacking it up, taking a wheel off and having a quick look how much brake pad material is left. Maybe you just picked up some dirt that cleared itself.

Craig.

The brake pads have wear indicators on them and should produce a grinding noise when they are wearing thin. Just inspect them. Peak through the wheels and look at the brake pads.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links