Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior lights, panoramic sunroof

Mikey_B

Hello all, first post here so be gentle :tongue: 

I purchased a 2014 Auris TS at the beginning of the month, and it is great! However the incandescent interior lighting leaves a lot to be desired, especially in the boot. I have replaced the boot, rear center and vanity lights with LED bulbs but have hit a snag with the front center. I cannot work out how to access the bulbs behind the sunroof control / light panel below.20170130_081326.jpg

Please excuse the sideways-ness of the picture, technology eh?

A cursory search hasn't provided me with any enlightenment, can anyone help?

If it is similar to my Avensis, using a flat bladed tool, preferably non-scratch, lever close to the inner corners of the lens. They should pop off without issue. 

P1080259.JPG

Looking from the passenger side at the drivers lamp. I bought the car with the dead guest!

P1080257.JPG

Lever from the centre corners to release the lens.

P1080266.JPG  

Lens removed, notice the slots near the hinges to insert a suitable tool.

P1080265.JPG

Clear access to the bulbs.

Even though they are different cars, Toyota tend to be consistent with the design and access.

That did it, although my lenses had no slot for tool insertion.20170130_120445.jpg

Hence my confusion. A *very* thin screwdriver in cloth levering next to the hinge popped them open.

No uninvited guests for me thankfully. Now just to wait for the correct bulbs to arrive, because obviously they need to be different to all of the others.

Thank you :thumbsup: