Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Rav 3 Dr slow windows

PaxosStu

Hi all. Got very slow windows on my 3dr Rav, any clues as to where they like a bit of Lube?? Can it be done without taking door cards off??

Try using a silicon spray (not WD40) in the vertical/sloping window channels - wind the window down, spray inside the channel and operate the windows two or three times. Eg -

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/lubricating-penetrating-oil/3-in-one-professional-silicone-spray-lubricant-400ml

Might be worth using something like a steel ruler to see if the vertical guides can be full of grime first but not a sharp knife

Del

use some silicon spray on the window runners; run the windows up and down a few times and that should ease the window progress in the runners.  You can normally obtain silican spray, for automotive use, from your local car accessorie shop.  Some furniture polish is based on silicon but has other stuff in it as well that my not be desirable.  Failing this you will have to knock the door panels off and lubricate the mechanism pivots that run from the electric window motor.  Although in practice I find that lubbing the runners is enough.

Edit: blimey, if that's you in your avatar... I will come and do it for you :)

Edited by daveh_rav4
@-@

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links