Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 1.8 VVT-i T3-S Multi information display

amatty

Have just purchased a 51,000 mile 1.8 Petrol Avensis privately.
Have all service records etc. and it is just like a new car except that the information display steps through all its functions OK but no numbers appear in any of the various areas.
Looks like the computer for this may need to be re-booted by say taking the Battery on and off.
Am reluctant to do this or something else may be messed up.
Might this be a fix or are there any other ideas please ?

Is the software for this function in the main car computer with engine management or separate and is the main Agent likely to be able to reboot at reasonable cost.
The car is otherwise superb - but I can of course live without this function if it is a big problem to fix.

Matty

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Am surprised to have not had any replies to this question and find it hard to believe that others have not had the same problem.

Perhaps I am not using the site correctly and my question has not been circulated.

Is this question being circulated OK please ?

Alan Matthews

Hi

Am surprised to have not had any replies to this question and find it hard to believe that others have not had the same problem.

Perhaps I am not using the site correctly and my question has not been circulated.

Is this question being circulated OK please ?

Alan Matthews

Hi again

The sat nav does not work either and uses the same LCD display in the dashboard but the unit under the passenger seat does take in the CD though nothing happens on the LCD.

Because they use the same display could a fault in the satnav box affect the working of the multi function display and could I disconnect the satnav box without causing other problems.

Alan,

I would like to answer your query, but I have no experience of your system personally. Can you post some photos.

'I' beat me to it while I was searching the forum, plus to see if it is the same on Toyota Owners on Facebook. 

• Like 1

Hi

Have taken picture of dashboard which shows what I get on the display. The buttons or steering wheel control the functions but there are no numbers shown.

Dash and Multi Display.jpg

Is your fuel gauge showing OK on the dash? Take the Battery term off or the fuel related fuses possibly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Have taken picture of dashboard which shows what I get on the display. The buttons or steering wheel control the functions but there are no numbers shown.

Dash and Multi Display.jpg

Hi

Have disconnected Battery for 10 minutes or so but there is no change to the display when it is re-connected.

Fuel gauge reads OK - only the numbers are missing from the multi display as above.

Also as I said before, the sat nav unit under the passenger seat takes in the disc, but nothing appears on the LCD at all related to the satnav function.

Matty

10mins might not be long enough leave it 25-30mins.

Check all the fuses in behind the glovebox.