Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm

kenneth Batty

Just purchased a 2003 rav 4 d. And found alarm goes off about every twenty mins, read the siren can be disabled by removing a grey wire from metal Battery plate,however I cannot find the wire does it exist or am I missing something could be my age 

I note members looking but no replies my question is not detrimental to security as the wire is under the Battery tray which takes about 10 mins to strip cover and clamp etc lift batt out

i read this on a rav forum the chap said it would not breach security

i have been a forum member on rover 75 for about 10 years and would not disclose anything which put members at risk

would appreciate any assistance because I cannot lock up with alarm going off neighbours will lynch me 

regards

Kb 

If your 2003 is the same as my 2005, locking with three presses of the button will disable the alarm. (one to lock, two to deadlock and three for no alarm).

Very often, false alarms are caused by the movement sensors detecting dust in motion - the solution is to vacuum the interior periodically.  My daughter's alarm used to go off frequently, until she had the car valeted.

Hi Ian thanks for comment I understand people don't want to give away info that could be used by criminals we had same on rover 75 forum Bonnet catch breaks and no access to engine there is a way but only administrators would give info after checking persons were members etc 

anyway taxed it last night spent some time looking round her today checking door switches I have stuck felt pads on bodywork the type you put under furniture to stop scratching so every switch is more compressed 

a result car was left for over two hours no alarm activation so hoping I've cured the fault.

tonight will be the tester 

regards

KB 

Damm it's just gone off 1-5 hours since setting will try again tomorrow 

On 31/01/2017 at 4:58 PM, kenneth Batty said:

Just purchased a 2003 rav 4 d. And found alarm goes off about every twenty mins, read the siren can be disabled by removing a grey wire from metal battery plate,however I cannot find the wire does it exist or am I missing something could be my age 

Hi All can someone point out where the fuse is to disable the alarm the handbook with the car does not reflect the same fuse boxes on my motor.

it refers to fuse 31 being the alarm, however there are no numbers on my two fuse boards under bonnet and behind money drawer

a diagram on laptop dictates fuse 31 being for radio

getting stressed my blood pressure rising my tablets working overtime

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I believe if you lock the car with the key not the button, it just sets up the immobiliser but not the alarm. I may be wrong though. Give it a try.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links