Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 Key rubber cover badly worn

Mikeyjd

Hi.

New to forum. Just bought a 2006 RAV4 XT4. The car came with 3 keys. 2 black keys with remote buttons and 1 grey "Valet" key. Both the black keys have very worn rubber covers on the remote buttons. The keys have 4 buttons. One key is knackered with the rubber totally worn away and the plastic buttons missing, but works ok to open and start the car. The second key works ok but the plastic buttons are exposed through the worn rubber. I was wondering if it is possible to get a new rubber membrane to fit in the key. I don't want the key to stop functioning one day when the alarm is set.

I did search online, but the only keys with 4 buttons seem to have separate plastic buttons instead of a rubber/silicone membrane.

I am also a bit confused as most RAVs seem to have 2 or 3 button keys.

Any advice to a RAV newbie would be appreciated.

Cheers Mike

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

I think this may be what you want?

You will need to get the blade cut.  Make sure to transfer the module and the chip (it sounds like they are separate).

Ian. Thanks for your input.

I have seen a couple of similar adverts, but the shape of the buttons seems slightly different i.e. these units seem to have seperate plastic push buttons rather than a rubber membrane. I assume the keys have changed due to the rubber units wearing quickly. Thanks, I will try one of these keys but I was hoping to find the original type if anyone knows if they are available.

thans again

Mike

Might be worth giving Timpsons a try, after all you have the working bits

Del