Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor mpg excel hybrid tourer

jet1969

I am still getting very poor mpg on average 38-42 in the recent cold weather even back in summer 42-48 average I do mainly town driving short trips as we own a small cleaning business I previously owned a Prius mk 2 and averaged around 50mpg  so am used to hybrids and best driving techniques. my car isa hybrid excel tourer  2013  on 17 inch low profile 225/45 tyres and pressured to 33 front and back as per manual have also noticed damp weather

seems to affect mpg badly 

Sounds about right. Tyres make a huge difference. I get about 65 from my Auris with the original 16" Michelin energy inflated to 40 PSI all round. I've recently replaced the fronts with Goodyear efficient grip which has taken about 5 MPG off that. Then running at a more comfortable but less efficient 34ish PSI it takes another 5 MPG off.

225/45R17 tyres will be pretty bad for MPG, especially inflated to only 33 PSI. 

33 sounds rather low to me.

I remember reading somewhere, if you were unsure about tyre pressure. read the max psi of the side wall and take off 10%, so for a 40 psi max would be 36.

Thanks that advice Anthony will try inflating pressure

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links