Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Touch 2 with GO Multimedia System

MSEZER

Hi everyone !

I am sorry to ask these questions if you heard it before too many times but I am the new guy in this forum. Thanks for your kind understanding in advance.

First question is ; I have got an Auris 2016 - Advance Skypack with Toyota Touch 2 & Go multimedia system but it's not allowed to play any video on the display unfortunately. I have watched some videos on youtube and there are some people who changed the wirings , install an additional HDD and play the videos on multimedia system. Is there a chance to play the videos via USB cable / bluetooth connection or I need to follow the same way?

The second is ; Toyota Touch 2 & Go system already has a navigation option but have to buy it from the official Toyota dealer and pay approx. 600,00 USD only for that service. Beside, Toyota asks 150,00-200,00 USD more for each updating process for the maps , its too funny to pay that values only for navigation system after bought a new car. Are there any people here who tried to use navigation system with "Mirror Link"  , "Apple CarPlay" or similar apps/programs?

Thank you very much ,

Hi Mustafa, welcome to the forum :smile:

You should be aware that this is a mainly UK/European forum & there may well be specification & legal differences for wherever you  are.

Legally, in the UK you can not play videos that are visible by the driver whilst driving.

If you have Touch 2 with Go your system already has nav., if you have just Touch 2 you don't (but as you say Go can be added as it is a modular system). In the UK you now get 3 years of free map updates with a new car with Touch 2 with Go.

6 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Hi Mustafa, welcome to the forum :smile:

You should be aware that this is a mainly UK/European forum & there may well be specification & legal differences for wherever you  are.

Legally, in the UK you can not play videos that are visible by the driver whilst driving.

If you have Touch 2 with Go your system already has nav., if you have just Touch 2 you don't (but as you say Go can be added as it is a modular system). In the UK you now get 3 years of free map updates with a new car with Touch 2 with Go.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your friendly and quick response .

As far as I understood that I need to bring my Auris to the UK for getting maximum performance from multimedia system :smile:

Probably I will try to find an alternative way something like shown below youtube link, instead of paying this crazy value.

Good evening!