Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 D manual 5th gear pops out despite replaced parts

iteldoo4me

Can anyone throw any light on my Rav4 D manual.Had a 5th gear replacement kit fitted but it lasted 2 months,then popped out again.Took it back to garage and they said they put a new hub in it,.....it lasted a week that time....I am about to take them to court as I am informed that if it had been done correctly it should last a lot longer than a couple of months..Please advice

Hi mate something not right there, I changed mine myself 4 years ago and have done 50k plus miles since and still like new, I fitted genuine parts I got direct from Japan . 11 parts in total although I didn't need one nut . I got a list of all I needed from parts King on here who works for Toyota very helpful.

Thankyou for your reply.I had big misgivings about the company that fitted the parts,but as they were a third party to my garage I assumed it would be ok.Mostly  and overall it appears I have been ripped off as it should of been A1! such as yours.Despite being assured they were genuine parts I somehow think not.However I am now in the process of taking them to court,having been to citizens advice.

Thankyou so much for the reassurance and great news that your vehicle is doing well.

No problem , below is a  great guide on how to do the job with great pic,s . It took me about 3 hours start to finish and parts were around £260 from Japan . 

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/85-4-1-faults-fixes/64188-5th-gear-popping-out-self-repair.html?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

parts, you need to contact Toyota dealer for correct part numbers for your year and model, hope this is of some help.

Also see -

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links