Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 4 on boat from Japan

barrycoll

Just got a call from my online broker, to say that car will be at the dealer by the end of next week, but still enjoying its world cruise.

As I am away until March it seems a no brainier to have it registered before the 17 plate arrives, although whether the car will be MY 16 or MY 17....who knows???

I had thought that the removable tow bar would be fitted by the dealer, it seems as though it has been fitted in Japan, and as I was unsure of 7 or 14 I opted for 14, but now ( after a rather tardy examination of my Thule bike rack) I find that it only has 7 pins. 

Does anybody know whether the 7 pin will work with a 14 pin receiver, or whether I will need a convertor????

I have sent the dealer Kithmo's excellent contribution of pictures of the polystyrene pieces that allow use of my own Gen3 space saver, as the dealer was saying that in order to get the poly pieces, he had to order a spare wheel as well.....but whether he will 'provide' them or bill me for them is still to be negotiated

All very exciting though, and will arrange to travel up to the Midlands to pick it up, rather than have it delivered.........might have 0 miles on the odo??

Good to hear your car is on its way!

Mine arrived at the dealership a couple of weeks ago in plenty of time to be registered before the new VED changes and to make sure I still got the white console.  I am collecting mine on March 1st with the new 17 reg, also from the Midlands.  We are driving up the night before and picking it up in the morning.  I could have had free 'driven' delivery, but I didn't fancy that.  Even the dealer said its always better to collect in person and have the proper handover experience which I totally agree with.

I don't think you will have 0 miles on the odd, I never have on any of my new cars as there is always factory and PDI mileage to take into account. :smile:   I don't think we have model years in the same way as they have in the States.  I think the main thing is that its registered in 2017 rather than 2016.

Excellent....thanks Keith....bookmarked for possible March usage

But.....would the 7 pin plug still work sans the adaptor??  If the 7 pin does the turn/stop and tail lights, would I need to worry about the other possibilities.... but of course the arrangement of pins may be different???

I have very much opted for the black console, and may try my hand at black film wrapping the other 2 white areas......but good luck with the white, Stephen.

Yes, I too always enjoy the experience of going to pick up a car in person....not quite a flight to Modena to pick up a Ferrari, but a train to Manchester it will have to be

I just hope that Mr T doesn't make the sunroof option available in the very near future, as per the Prius 4 in the States, as I will not be happy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barrycoll said:

...I just hope that Mr T doesn't make the sunroof option available in the very near future, as per the Prius 4 in the States, as I will not be happy

That's how I felt about the 4WD they announced, but then didn't make available outside Japan!