Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wheels on the Horizon

Hello, I could do with some friendly help here. I am toying with the idea of buying some new wheels. I am sticking with 15 inch wheels so that my summer tyres I already have can go on them. Below are some of the choices so far, but my main concern is to get the correct fitments as I do not want any issues that may cause problems down the road -figuratively speaking. I have considered white and black wheels as well as anthracite and they would still be my choices, however, I do want them to look right with the colour of our car, Amethyst/Purple. Any help and comments will be welcome.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

_DS36242.jpg

I'm sorry I don't have all my 'wide wheel' details that I've collected over the years to hand and er-in-doors- needs a lift to work so it'll be a quick answer for the time being. (sorry). Don't forget the centre bore hole size (54.1) although these days after market rims are made with a large bore centre bore and spigot rings are used to reduce the rims to suit the vehicle.

Also, notify your insurance company....failure to do so usually means them not paying out on a claim and/or cancelling policy.

I think which colour choice (and style) is basically down to the owner. What looks good to one person doesn't to another....it's your car and do as you please! (personally I like anthracite!)

I've gone to 7" wide rims (x16) on my iQ without any clearance problems whatsoever, so the width you've chosen on those rims shouldn't be a problem. 

Just check though that the rims are suitable for the size tyres

Hi,

If you find you have any issues with insurance at all for a change of wheels then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're gonna do it, you might as well go big :biggrin:

18s fit nicely, especially with 30mm shorter springs

It's only money 

26189D93-B405-48F7-B831-1D42589954EF.JPG

563BC1B6-DB2F-4DA1-98C4-1082BF1B90CB.JPG

I would go for Toyota OEM wheels but larger. Maybe some TRD wheels or something or wheels from any T Sport assuming they fit.

On 2/5/2017 at 9:22 AM, 2015iQ said:

I'm sorry I don't have all my 'wide wheel' details that I've collected over the years to hand and er-in-doors- needs a lift to work so it'll be a quick answer for the time being. (sorry). Don't forget the centre bore hole size (54.1) although these days after market rims are made with a large bore centre bore and spigot rings are used to reduce the rims to suit the vehicle.

Also, notify your insurance company....failure to do so usually means them not paying out on a claim and/or cancelling policy.

I think which colour choice (and style) is basically down to the owner. What looks good to one person doesn't to another....it's your car and do as you please! (personally I like anthracite!)

I've gone to 7" wide rims (x16) on my iQ without any clearance problems whatsoever, so the width you've chosen on those rims shouldn't be a problem. 

Thanks for the comments. I am, unfortunately, one of those people that over thinks things, and if I can't think about something, as in, get it, then I stagnate. Right now, I am stagnant. At some point I will get the bug again, particularly as summer approaches -it will be here sooner than I think- and the winter tyres come off the 15 inch Toyota alloys (as in the pic above) and on go the summer tyres. But I would rather the winter tyres stay on those rims and summers go onto nice matt black spokey wheels.

On 2/5/2017 at 9:22 AM, 2015iQ said:

Cheers, something else I have to think about- st, sta, stagnation is overtaking me again.

On 2/6/2017 at 8:16 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If you find you have any issues with insurance at all for a change of wheels then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Ta v-much Dan.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:26 PM, Matt_splatt said:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well go big :biggrin:

18s fit nicely, especially with 30mm shorter springs

It's only money

Tis true, tis, tis only money. They do look rather good, especially with the contrast pic. I do not feel confident enough to go out and buy some wheels that are not standard, needing adjusting parts to fit right, no matter how good they look. So...

As Kuneha has pointed out - 'I would go for Toyota OEM wheels but larger. Maybe some TRD wheels or something or wheels from any T Sport assuming they fit.' Maybe I will look into that a little more first. No rush, summer is months away yet.

Thanks all for comments and helpful ones too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have two sets of summer wheels.

1. R17 8j\9j ssr linea sport by crimson

2. R17 7j weds sport sa-70 c-one

WFEm9HYLxcA.jpg

IMG-20150902-WA0007.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure your new wheels and tyres have same circumference as your originals otherwise your speedo will be out 

Would stay away from Oz alloys as well, mine are 2 years old and the paint is already starting to bubble £1200 with tyres I would expect a lot better

On 4/2/2017 at 7:50 PM, povanic said:

Make sure your new wheels and tyres have same circumference as your originals otherwise your speedo will be out 

povanic- Make sure your new wheels and tyres have same circumference as your originals otherwise your speedo will be out.

Yeah, I agree with that. That was why I wanted 15 inch wheels, and so I could still use my perfectly good summer tyres on new alloys. However... it is looking like I will be getting the current wheels refurbished. Boring, I know, and I so wanted to be different. Anyway, even the paint colour will be the same, silver... mega-boring! The way I feel right now -lots of crap going on I don't want to be dealing with- well, I was going to say I don't care, but I do! Also, I am not the only driver of our car, and I do not want to upset her-in-doors. Only issue is being car-less is not an option, so annoying it is.

No pun intended here, but I feel a bit deflated writing this. :balloon: Also...

- Would stay away from Oz alloys as well, mine are 2 years old and the paint is already starting to bubble £1200 with tyres I would expect a lot better.

Well Nick, I didn't know they were that bad. Maybe they are using inferior materials to make them nowadays, as they used to be rated very highly. Sod's law innit!

You can get the same circumference tyres and change the wheel diameter. My 17" wheels and tyres are within a few millimetres of the same rolling diameter than the stock 16" wheels and tyres. There are plenty of tyre size calculators out there on the internet that allow you to compare the original size and find a suitable replacement in a different wheel size. 

I put my OZ-Racing wheels back on last week for the summer. Really change the look of the car over the winter tyres on stock rims. 

Craig.

IMG_3404.JPG

• Like 1

58e53a1595206_RisingSun50pcentsmaller.jpg.75e260b2cb9a6d5c09726c2bf78bb05a.jpg

Hi Craig, They do look very good. I also think it makes it simpler to show off wheels that well with your car being Silver, they really make it stand out. I need to spend more time looking before I give in and just have the standard wheels refurbished. I not only owe it to myself, but to the car too... and besides, I have other ideas about changing the look of our iQ's. Like, a painted on or decal/wrap for the roof, like the graphic here. There could also be a continuation of that on the 'blade' at the opening end of the doors, basically, red and white stripes, or Shades of Red and White -could that be a new book?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links