Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso Petrol 60l fuel tank or lack of 'low fuel' light? No radio with ignition off?

KubaM

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and only recently purchased my Toyota Verso 1.6 petrol (2014 model).  I need some help with 2 possible issues that I wanted to verify with other members.

First every forum/manual states that my car has got 60l fuel tank capacity. After I have purchased it I drove the car twice now until it showed me the last 1/8 fuel bars and the computer presented me available range 28miles first time, 14 miles second time. After going to petrol station I have managed to put in 44,5l and 46,5l respectively. The low fuel light never came on (it should according to the manual with under 9l). I have called Toyota and asked if definitely I have 60l tank and not 45 or 50l, but they claim, they can't verify it without visiting their garage. Any ideas? If I have still 15l of petrol in the tank, then no wonder the 'low fuel light' doesn’t come on. I understand the sensor showing 'available range' could be wrong of 15-20miles too, but in this case it looks incorrect of approximately 100-120miles. Anybody had the same issue?

On the other hand any chances of turning on the radio without the ignition? I understand no bluetooth, no sat-nav without turning the engine on, but no radio? (in-case you ask I dont have start-stop system).

I would be grateful for any responses.

Regards,

I've not owned a Verso, but on a previous car, I had to reset the fuel consumption meter to get an accurate reading of miles left till empty.

Also, not Verso related I'm afraid, but on my Aygo, pressing the radio power button allows it to be used for up to 30 minutes without the key in the ignition. After 30 minutes it automatically switches off.

1 minute ago, fordulike said:

I've not owned a Verso, but on a previous car I had to reset the fuel consumption meter to get an accurate reading of miles left till empty.

Also, not Verso related I'm afraid, but on my Aygo, pressing the radio power button allows it to be used for up to 30 minutes without the key in the ignition. After 30 minutes it automatically switches off.

Thanks you for your response. Unfortunately I have reset the fuel consumption meter on both occasions. I have actually reset all the previous data to start it again, so it have to be something else.
In terms of the radio I cant turn it on even for 30 minutes:(

Not specifically Verso but Toyotas tend to count down range not to empty but to a "reserve". Toyota are a very cautious company & this is so that you don't run out of fuel (this is especially bad for diesels).

On both this & my last Avensis that "reserve" was around 9-10l but there has been some discussion on this board that newer (2015>?) Avensis have different behaviour & it may now be ~15l.

Hi, my verso 2015 has a low fuel light on the dash. Radio will not work when ignition off you have to turn key to accessories, first click. Hope that helps

• 3 years later...

I too have the same issue. I get down to about 40 miles range left and cannot get more than 41 litres in when refuelling. It feels like I have 45 litre tank which is rediculous for a seven seater Petrol MPV. 

As has been previously stated, Toyota have a tendency to provide generous fuel reserves.

The petrol Verso has a 60 litre fuel tank and an approximate 9 litre reserve. The diesel Verso has a 55 litre fuel tank and an approximate 8.3 litre reserve.

The fuel range reads down to when the reserve is reached, rather than when the tank is empty.

So if you refuel when the range is showing around 40 miles, depending on whether you have a diesel or petrol, there will still be around 9 or 10 litres or more remaining in your tank before you fill up.

The amount of fuel reserve is included within the full owners manual.

• 4 weeks later...

I've ran my 2013 Verso 1.6 to Zero range left and when I fill up I get almost 50 lites in the tank.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links