Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the very best windscreen wiper for the Aygo?

fordulike

Although I bought the Aygo for cost effective motoring, I never go cheap on things like windscreen wipers. So, considering I only need the one wiper, in member's opinion, what is the very best windscreen wiper I can buy for my car?

I've always bought the "aero" type wipers for mine. From all the ones I've used I think Valeo made the best value wiper blade for the car.

8 minutes ago, mickburkesnr said:

I've always bought the "aero" type wipers for mine. From all the ones I've used I think Valeo made the best value wiper blade for the car.

I did notice that the wipe gets a bit pants at speed. Does the aero design help at higher speeds?

I think they wipe better than the normal one it comes with. So I've always used the aero type, even in older cars I've had.

• Like 1

I only ever use Aero on mine, well did try another brand once that cost a little more.

But soon returned.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2017 at 9:48 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Have a look at the Auto Express report (August 2016)  - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/36172/best-wiper-blades-2016-group-test

The Bosch Aerotwin swept away the opposition ..

I swear by Bosch wipers. I replaced my stock aygo wiper with one immediately.

Bit late to the party but my PIAA wipers are still doing great and I still haven't had to change them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fordulike said:

Thank you everyone, Bosch Aerotwin on way :smile:

Shouldn't that be a Bosch Areoorphan?

I'll get my coat!

Received and fitted my Bosch Aerotwin. Initial impressions are that it sweeps very smoothly and is ultra quiet. Only time will tell if it maintains these excellent traits.

I must admit, I really do prefer just the one wiper clearing the screen, rather than two. Well done Toyota :smile:

• Like 1

Has anybody tried upping from 26 to 28" for a little extra clearance? (I think it could almost take a 30" blade ?)

Going from 12 to 19" on the rear made a world of difference...

On 14/02/2017 at 4:58 PM, Plob said:

Has anybody tried upping from 26 to 28" for a little extra clearance? (I think it could almost take a 30" blade ?)

Not yet, I was contemplating it for the next time I needed to change the wiper blade.

• 1 month later...
On 9.02.2017 at 5:12 PM, mickburkesnr said:

Need to disagree. No more Valeo. See this brand new Valeo:

I bought recently the Bosch Aerotwin Wiper Blades for my Avensis and must say they work perfectly for me. They were £38 in Halfords and £34 + delivery with Euro Car Parts. I paid £19.18 inc delivery through Amazon with a company called WeeBargains. These were genuine Bosch blades - a bargain!

• 11 months later...

Hi all, in need of new wipers after this winters frost and ice. decided on the Bosch Aero, but when i look i cant get 2 websites to agree on the right code.

can anyone who bought these give me the Bosch code, so i can get the right ones.

front and rear needed.

many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

For me (up to  2014 model) - 2014 on use AeroTwin type.

It's about the only thing I'd buy with Bosch name on  it and  they're usually made in Belgium anyway.

I've yet to find better than Bosch Twin ~ 651U (specific fit) front, and H301 for the rear.

But then, I usually replace them long before they are technically "worn out" - 18 months at a stretch.

I'd rather see where I'm going than skimp on them !

Having said that I've recently fitted one of Toypota's Optifit fronts to 'er indoors' 2014 Yaris and so far it works well, and wasn't expensive.

Not sure if they list one for Aygo, but will enquire when I next speak to my friendly parts man.

The Optifit blades are Toyota's budget range - think made by Trico.

............so budget range or not made by a company with years of experience making Wiper Blades !!

I remember fitting them during my apprenticeship in the 1960's.

(The Yaris blade was fitted purely because it more cloisely resembles the one originally fitted, whgich the Bosch replacement does not).

Very interesting ! People will buy anything it seems !

By the time blades lose their edge they are often hardening and starting to split anyway, so this rather quaint idea would never be something I would think any serious mechanic would consider !

New blades are really not that expensive or difficult to fit anyway, whereas a scratched screen is !!

Only Bosch will do. I tried other brand years ago and they don’t last long, they smear and they squeak or judder which drives me barmy. But don’t buy them from Halfords as they are twice as expensive as anywhere else.

• Like 1

....thanks for the advice.

....but as ex Motor trade I wouldn't touch Halfrauds or Kwikfitup with a very long barge pole let alone letting them anywhere near even the simplest of cars, and am very fortunate in still enjoying excellent discounts form former suppliers !

thanks Redpepper, but i have a MK2 Aygo. are they the same version on both cars??

On 03/04/2018 at 5:19 PM, REDPEPPER said:

I've yet to find better than Bosch Twin ~ 651U (specific fit) front, and H301 for the rear.