Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 tuning box

revband

Advertised on here now also listed on eBay, bought from Parts King this is a Silverstone Autosport unit bought for a T180. Starting price £50.

Could you ask Parts King if this will fit a 2012MY 2.2 150bhp OK?

He is very helpful but I don't want to keep pestering him.

If  your 2012 has the same engine as my 2011 then it will fit, I already asked about a 2012 Rav 4 150 bhp and it won't fit that, send him a pm to be sure.

EDIT

I have shown the fitting instructions on eBay with clear pictures of the engine which it fits.

Edited by revband
Missing info

I have a feeling that they changed the connectors at some point which is why I asked. I will PM him but I may not get a reply before your auction ends.

Yes I'm not sure, if the Avensis 2012 has the same engine as the 2012 Rav then it won't fit.

Have you checked the installation photos on my listing?, the common rail connector is a six pin and the turbo boost sensor is three pin, the Rav engine is totally different from the photos, my brother was going to have it for his Rav so I know that they are a completely different engine.

He kindly replied & apparently it will not fit my car :sad:

Ok thanks for letting me know, they must have changed the Avensis at the same time as the Rav.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

okay, so to announce, we were the lucky winners of the above advertised tuning box. Hooray!

We have had it installed for a week now, covered 100 miles all local stop starts, and to report we've noticed a definite difference in power, worrying at times when my other half is behind the wheel, the vehicle just flies compared to before. Its alot smoother when driving off and a million times better climbing hills now. No more lag as before. Also noticed that it takes a little longer before the dash light appears notifying you to shift up. However, we havent noticed a change in mpg readings sadly, if anything it went from 30.5 to 30.2, which worries me as thats what i looked forward...an increase, whereas my partner always wanted one for the torque...men!!!

We plan to cover approx 500+ miles this weekend, will report back any findings on a proper run, fingers crossed no issues.

And before anybody asks, my other half has dealt with any insurance issues gladly.

Sammy

Ive been tempted to try one of these tuning box items on my wife's avensis she says no lol .i do find the throttle pedal has a long travel to the floor when you want to floor it which I find annoying .

2 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi All,

okay, so to announce, we were the lucky winners of the above advertised tuning box. Hooray!

We have had it installed for a week now, covered 100 miles all local stop starts, and to report we've noticed a definite difference in power, worrying at times when my other half is behind the wheel, the vehicle just flies compared to before. Its alot smoother when driving off and a million times better climbing hills now. No more lag as before. Also noticed that it takes a little longer before the dash light appears notifying you to shift up. However, we havent noticed a change in mpg readings sadly, if anything it went from 30.5 to 30.2, which worries me as thats what i looked forward...an increase, whereas my partner always wanted one for the torque...men!!!

We plan to cover approx 500+ miles this weekend, will report back any findings on a proper run, fingers crossed no issues.

And before anybody asks, my other half has dealt with any insurance issues gladly.

Sammy

You can't have it both ways I'm afraid use the extra power and you will use more fuel. ;-)

You car has gone from 126bhp to about 160bhp.

I hope that you informed your insurer, Sami.

If you don't keep a heavy foot down all the time your MPG should increase.also if there's  map settings for it don't have it turned up to the highest level as your flywheel clutch and other stuff won't last too long... (p.s they are fun)

According to kingo who supplies these they are designed to work within all the Toyota safety parameters.   so I think it is unlikely to cause any such problems I had it on my car for over four years towing a caravan from end to end of France twice a year without any problems. Possibly you are getting confused with the cheaper eBay type units? which don't have the built in safety circuits, you get what you pay for in this world.

No definitely not the eBay type.I was stating that if you are going to be using the higher settings and constantly driving hard it will put stress on the engine/drive train component's. Of course someone who is selling things will tell you they are safe in their parameters.but what exactly is theirs.I'm in no way saying that the box is bad.

Quick update...completed 350 miles yesterday...mpg up to 30.9 from 30.2...

what is the secret to hitting above the 40's guys???

when we first got the car im sure it read 48-49mpg!!!

30mpg from a 2.0 diesel is terrible unless you're 350 miles was all in town or very high speed, you should be in the mid 40s I would have thought.

44 minutes ago, revband said:

30mpg from a 2.0 diesel is terrible unless you're 350 miles was all in town or very high speed, you should be in the mid 40s I would have thought.

What do you think it could be revband? Its our first diesel if im honest, all motorway miles, averaging between 70 - 85mph...odd 100 on totally empty parts of the m.way...otherwise 50mph through the variable speed sections which go on forever. The car seems to sound and run sweet. Put in a treatment before filling up and driving out of Millers dpf cleaner 250ml. Dropped 3 notches of fuel on the dash display. Dont know what else to say really.

10 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

What do you think it could be revband? Its our first diesel if im honest, all motorway miles, averaging between 70 - 85mph...odd 100 on totally empty parts of the m.way...otherwise 50mph through the variable speed sections which go on forever. The car seems to sound and run sweet. Put in a treatment before filling up and driving out of Millers dpf cleaner 250ml. Dropped 3 notches of fuel on the dash display. Dont know what else to say really.

Is this just the computer telling the MPG or is it real MPG?, if it's the computer did you reset it before your trip?.

The only accurate check is to fill the tank check the mileage and fill again. 

2 hours ago, revband said:

Is this just the computer telling the MPG or is it real MPG?, if it's the computer did you reset it before your trip?.

The only accurate check is to fill the tank check the mileage and fill again. 

Thanks will certainly try that

To get really good mpg the key is very light throttle early gear changes and sitting at 60-65 mph .ive been on so many driving days with my firm on how to drive fuel efficient my new transit gets 27 mpg fully loaded 3.2ton with me driving heavy footed or 38mpg driving like miss daisy . It really is down to the driver . 

• Like 1