Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota RAV4 'diff rear bush' / 'rear axle bush'

DAW1

Hello all, new to the site but hoping someone can help a damsel in distress!!  :smile:

I have a Toyota RAV 4 1997 2.0 litre petrol vehicle  and on it's recent service & MOT I have been advised by the garage that the 'diff rear bush' is deteriorated, although I notice on the MOT that they have said 'rear axle bush worn'.  Please can you advise if this is one and the same part?!  Can anyone advise where I can start looking to obtain this part that would fit my vehicle and the approximate cost of it please as the garage said they could not find one anywhere but if I find one and buy it they will fit it!

Thanks very much all and hope someone can help!

Hello and a warm welcome to the club

I think the part is called a rear mount cushion,not found a part number but some one on here may have it

Del

That one is only for models made up to November 2005 - i.e. RAV4.1 and 4.2.

I think there are three candidates for Debs' car, but I can't tell which from the description:

41651-42130   Cushion, Rear Differential Mount No 1

52380-42110   Support, Rear Differential Mount No 1 (Marked 52380)

52380-42130   Support, Rear Differential Mount No 2 (Marked 52380C)

If its the first, you can get it here.

EDIT:  Disregard this post - I mistakenly thought it was a 2007 model.

08-Rear-Diff-Mounts.jpg

Edited by IanML
correction

Hello again and thank you for your help.

I am still rather confused at what I actually need and my garage are not that helpful - maybe time I looked for another one! They have managed to confirm "I have spoken with one of the mechanics and he tells me that the rear Diff is a separate issue to the rear axle bush. The rear Diff would not be checked on the M.O.T hence why it wasn’t noted on it.  The link you have sent looks like the correct part, but until we have it with the vehicle we cannot be 100%   I hope that I have been helpful.   (well not really, not to me!)  I have sent them the  links you have sent and I will see if they can tell me further what I need! In the meantime thanks again for your replies, and in general terms does anyone on here have a list of recommended garages/suppliers for 1997 RAV4s? :smile:

Oops - just noticed your RAV is 1997 not 2007, so my post is not relevant - sorry!

Edited by IanML
correction

The Mk1 rav is a very well built motor so do you really want to change it for a part costing less than £30 from a company that is in you're part of the world and anyone with a set of spanners should be able to change in minutes. Turn on your feminine charge with a man or woman who just has to know one end of a spanner from the other and keep the cost down.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Just a suggestion

Del                                                       

Hi - I actually meant perhaps I should change my GARAGE and not my lovely RAV4!! :smile:   You're absolutely right about NOT changing a great vehicle for the sake of a small part!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links