Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T25 Climat Controll Problems

Bempa

I have som issuies with my climat control, on the driver side (left) it blows colder then passenger sida on same settings, for example i have it set to 23 degrees on both side. Passanger side blows warm and driver side blows cold air, I need to turn driver side upp to 25-26 degrees to make blow warm air, and when i slow down for something, like a runabout it start to blow warmer on driver side, and then when i start to accelerate again it getting colder. 

Anyone got any experience or ideas around this? Coolant level is ok

You can try one thing.  Press a button auto+buttons which look air intake from outside same time. And turn on key . This is sistem diagnosed.  If everything is ok must be show 00 . If problem . Drop out code. 

• Like 1

Would a slipping belt cause the symptoms of uneven temperature from side to side?

But the belt was replaced not to long ago, but it was replaced due to age and preventive maintanance

My thinking was, that if the belt was slipping slightly, then the A/C wouldn't be able to work at full capacity. When the engine revs are low, like when you slow down, then something has to suffer. As it's all controlled by a box of tricks containing micro processors, then it might be trying to control the system with limited cold air at its disposal.

All total theory, but I tend to look at the cheapest options first, before expecting the worst.

Ok i understand your thinking,but it´s more like lack of heat then lack of cold air. 
My first thought´s was that it was either lack of coolant or an air pocket, but coolant level is ok and Ihave tried to bleed the car three times. But only the conventional way since i dont have a vacuumfiller for the coolant system. 

I´m thinking of ttrying to get hold of a vacuumfiller so i can be absolutely sure that it´s not an stubborn air pocket

• Like 1

I have now drained the coolant and refilled with vacuumfiller, and there is no difference. So i guess i have to check servo motors as next step 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links