Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electronic Locking / Fob

Fiery Phoenix

Hope you can help.

I have an 07 Verso and all of a sudden today the electronic locking / unlocking would not work.  Managed to pull the key out of the fob and opened the car that way and the engine started once the fob was entered.

Drove home, hoping it was something to do with where I was parked, but no change.  Even used my other fob and that also is not locking / unlocking the doors.  Red lights come on both fobs, but just wont synch to the car.  Not changed the batteries as it was working fine yesterday, plus the chances of both fobs not working / Battery replacement is low.

Definitely appears to be some sort of synch issue.  I did the obligatory Google searches and read things about keeping the buttons pressed down until the indicators flash (didn't work) and also about re-programming the key fobs - although from reading these I am unsure if it applies to the Verso and a lot state about putting the key in and turning it in the ignition, but no ignition to put a key into - just the fob.  I obviously did not want to try this in case it was not designed for the Verso and I made things worse (at least the engine is working at present)

So really just a shout out if anyone has come across this before, is there a quick fix, any recommendations or does the key(s) have to be re-programmed by Toyota?

Many thanks