Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car ends up on steps in the city

Konrad C

On Sunday I saw this in the Evening Standard website: - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/bizarre-moment-confused-driver-ploughs-down-steps-in-central-london-a3464836.html

I also read the City of London Police twitter which is included in the newspaper report. 

The driver must have been too distract to look where he was going. He will have a big bill to pay, plus any possible fines and points on driving licence.

Unfortunately, people have the habit of labelling and generalising Toyota Prius and Uber. Uber stated that the car and driver are not on their books, yet comments mentions Ube. One comment from a reader did not believe Uber's statement!

There are some bad drivers out there, and in any vehicle car, van, truck, bus or coach, but this one is the highlight this year so far. 

Uber said that 'the car's registration number was not active on their app', which suggests that at one time the driver was working for Uber.

It's one of those things where the driver is trusting the sat nav where to go. I've had times when the sat nav is telling me to go right, I look at where it wants me to go and it'll be a one way system. But I can see that with my eyes, and I can ignore the sat nav. Seems like people can't do that some times.

In Birmingham - Frosty will back me up on this - there's a bridge in Dale End and nearly every month there's a lorry wedged underneath it. The driver trusting the sat nav about where to go and not actually reading the road in front.

Yes, there have been a few incidents there, both attics and rigids. The bridge has only 9ft 3inches clearance and the underside gets lower towards the centre.

There is also a railway bridge by Sandwell station that spans a dip in the road - notorious for artics. As the lorry goes down one side of the dip and then goes up the other side, trailers get stuck beneath the bridge.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links