Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica 190 front springs

dallypro

Hi All

Hoping you can help with some info on Celica front springs:

My wife has a 190 that has failed the MOT due to a snapped front spring. I am now looking at replacements but seem to get conflicting advice. Could you help with the following:

1. Does the 140 and the 190 have the same front springs? I have had conflicting advice on this

2. If possible, what part number should I be looking for, for the 190.

3. Any advice on what the best standard replacement is? I have contacted Toyota and almost gobbed by coffee out when they gave me the price. Eurocarparts are out of stock with no sign of restocking.

I should add that the car is completely standard, and we would like it to stay that way.

Cheers in advance

DallyPro

Welcome to T.O.C., DallyPro

Firstly, the 140 and 190 do have the same springs. Only the limited edition GT has different (TTE) lowered springs.

How much did Toyota quote you?. The reason I ask, is that I have a new spare set of genuine Toyota front and rear, but I'm a little unsure as to their value, should you be interested in them.

Thanks for the welcome and the info!

Toyota wanted £85 each....which is ridiculous.

I am still confused by 140/190 springs. Looking at part numbers they appear to be different, and 140 springs are significantly cheaper than the ones described as for the 190, however I had concluded they were the same size.

Is there a chance they are the same size but have different properties (stiffness etc..)?

Thanks again

DallyPro

• 3 weeks later...

Have several sets of springs if you still require them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links