Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Camera Installation

Half-Dead

Hello guys, I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Toyota Auris. I have since purchased a reverse camera kit from Amazon but I can't seem to find a hole in which to root the wires up into the boot. I would like to drill a hole in the bumper and feed the camera wire behind it and eventually into the boot to connect to the reverse light. My local mechanic says I need to have the whole back bumper removed to access the pre-made (with grommet) hole that the parking sensor wires go through. Is he correct??

Thanks in advance
Richard

One could register with  www.toyota-tech.eu   and search for the installation instructions for the rear parking sensors, which should inform one whether the rear bumper needs to be removed and how access for the wiring loom is made. Some info is chargeable to download, some free.

• 4 years later...

Did you find a solution for this? 
I have had a rear view camera installed recently, however it’s not centred due to the shape of the boot.

Hi. I fitted my rear camera above the license plate, it's very easy to fit, you have to remove some plastics only, attached to back door...

• 3 weeks later...

For my IQ2 the Amazon camera just hooks over the top of the rear number plate. The camera cables will then be connected to the reversing light.  However I can only access the reversing light cables from inside the car.

How do I pass the two cables from the camera into the rear light assembly area?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links