Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keyless fob went in the washing machine with my jeans.

Meld

Keyless is so convenient, you sometimes forget all about the fob, as I did the other day.  I took my phone and my wallet out of my jeans pockets, and then chucked the jeans in the wash with a load of other stuff.  When it came to emptying the machine, I was absolutely horrified to find the IQ's keyless remote in the bottom of the machine.

For the next 2 days, the wet remote was in my airing cupboard, more in hope than anything else.  But 2 days later, and much to my amazement, it's dried out nicely and works absolutely fine.  I am much relieved, a replacement would have been an awful expense I really don't need.

Lucky or what?  

• Like 2

Definitely lucky (having just had to order a key for my Camry). Nice one.

Very lucky, but it's an easy mistake to make. My fiancee is forever washing my jeans and not checking the pockets for £10 notes I have in the pocket. Well, she says she doesn't, secretly I think she nabs the money herself.

But I think though with all of these electrical devices, dump it in a bowl of rice. It does wonders for phones.

Easy mistake. Bought my wife a Fitbit for Christmas which she clips onto her clothing - just waiting for that to be washed.

If you used fabric conditioner will also smell better ......

lucky. If I was you though, I'd get some electrical contact cleaning spray, remove the fob covers and give the circuit a good spraying. That should stop any corrosion, otherwise you might find it stops working due copper oxidation.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links